Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

Hello! I am here to introduce myself! I am asexual and currently living in Virginia! I've always knew I was asexual, but I never knew it was even a thing until I entered college. I believe my college was showing (A)sexual at the time. I didn't get the chance to see the movie, but I did end up googling the term.  I am still pretty confused about my romantic orientation though. I know I am aesthetically attracted to androgyny and guys (which most of my friends think look like girls most of the time), but I always struggle between panromantic, heteroromantic, and aromantic. Anyways, I try not to think about it too much and decided to let what happens, happen. Yea, so that's my story. Nice to meet everyone!

• Like 3

Level 1 CouchPotato Human

STR: .7 | DEX: 0 | STA: .3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 1.4 | CHA: .7

:) My first challenge! | AB Group: Laning Like a Boss ;)

Weight Lost Goal

10%
10%

"Of course it's important to think about what lies ahead, too, but if you only look at what's down the road you'll get tangled in the laundry at your feet and you'll fall, won't you? You see, it's also important to think about what you can do now, what you can do today." ~Shigure Sohma

This weekend I spent the night at my parents' house, and it was literally ONE NIGHT but I found myself going through pictures of my cats (I have two) and getting really sad. I might have a problem.

You know what's even sadder! Not having cats at all  :( . I still live with my parents, but my parents HATE animals! I stare at all the kitties at PetSmart, wishing I could take them all home! When I finally get my own place, I am guaranteed to be the next cat lady!

• Like 1

Weight Lost Goal

10%
10%

"Of course it's important to think about what lies ahead, too, but if you only look at what's down the road you'll get tangled in the laundry at your feet and you'll fall, won't you? You see, it's also important to think about what you can do now, what you can do today." ~Shigure Sohma

Hello! I am here to introduce myself! I am asexual and currently living in Virginia! I've always knew I was asexual, but I never knew it was even a thing until I entered college. I believe my college was showing (A)sexual at the time. I didn't get the chance to see the movie, but I did end up googling the term.  I am still pretty confused about my romantic orientation though. I know I am aesthetically attracted to androgyny and guys (which most of my friends think look like girls most of the time), but I always struggle between panromantic, heteroromantic, and aromantic. Anyways, I try not to think about it too much and decided to let what happens, happen. Yea, so that's my story. Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome to the gang! I like your outlook, letting what happens happen. Life has a tendency to work itself out. :)

Level 2 Human Hero (in training) 
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram

Hello everyone. Popping by for an brief intro. 

I put the "B" in LGBTQQIA! I'm a Bisexual living in Nor Cal. - I have tended toward dating dudes, but that's as much cultural norms and preference (I'm from the American South). 

I live as a mostly closeted queer woman for job-related reasons (but have a super supportive boss) and have been working so much lately that dating is nil. So grateful that Nerd Fitness has a dedicated space for LGBTQQIA (et al) folks. Sometimes I just don't want to have to cross my fingers when I talk about future husbands spouses. 

Cheers Queers!

• Like 3

Level 7 Valkyrie Scout

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 10 | CON 7.5 | WIS 13 | CHA 12

Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
Battle Log

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

Have you ever been to Hawaii? I went there for a vacation for the 1st time last year and they actually have wild chickens roaming around EVERYWHERE. It's weird to get used to.

Oh I would absolutely love that. One more reason to visit Hawaii one day!

And to everyone who popped in, welcome!

• Like 2

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5

This is an amazing sign off and I want to start hanging out with more queers IRL just so I can use it (sorry, straight friends). 

Hi! 

I got is from a FABULOUS friend of mine whose studying piano in NYC. Whenever he'd be leaving form a party (usual to go to another one) he's say "Cheers Queers" and dash off. :)

• Like 2

Level 7 Valkyrie Scout

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 10 | CON 7.5 | WIS 13 | CHA 12

Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
Battle Log

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

Hello everyone. Popping by for an brief intro.

I put the "B" in LGBTQQIA! I'm a Bisexual living in Nor Cal. - I have tended toward dating dudes, but that's as much cultural norms and preference (I'm from the American South).

I live as a mostly closeted queer woman for job-related reasons (but have a super supportive boss) and have been working so much lately that dating is nil. So grateful that Nerd Fitness has a dedicated space for LGBTQQIA (et al) folks. Sometimes I just don't want to have to cross my fingers when I talk about future husbands spouses.

Cheers Queers!

Hi :) As another bisexual girl from the South...I am married to a man, and don't discuss my sexuality much, but then again, I didnt even understand what bisexuality was really, until about 5 years ago. I just thought everyone was slightly sexually attracted to everyone else and only if you had a very big preference for the same sex vs. the opposite sex, you were gay (loooooong before all the other labels....when I learned those, I was flabbergasted! LOL!)

Hello! I am here to introduce myself! I am asexual and currently living in Virginia! I've always knew I was asexual, but I never knew it was even a thing until I entered college. I believe my college was showing (A)sexual at the time. I didn't get the chance to see the movie, but I did end up googling the term. I am still pretty confused about my romantic orientation though. I know I am aesthetically attracted to androgyny and guys (which most of my friends think look like girls most of the time), but I always struggle between panromantic, heteroromantic, and aromantic. Anyways, I try not to think about it too much and decided to let what happens, happen. Yea, so that's my story. Nice to meet everyone!

Hi :) Nice to meet you too :) My approach has morphed into "I like you, do you like me?"
  • Like 4

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Hi :) Nice to meet you too :) My approach has morphed into "I like you, do you like me?"

I definitely like that approach as well! It is so simple!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!!

• Like 2

Weight Lost Goal

10%
10%

large.jpg

Hmm I have tough decision at hand, should I go sarcastic route or flat out laugh at this.

(And someone please get me off Weheartit...forgot how addicting it is)

• Like 3

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

News Title

Michael Phelps' self-proclaimed 'girlfriend', 41, reveals she was born a male 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2841581/Michael-Phelps-girlfriend-admits-born-male-describes-amazing-sex-Olympic-swimmer.html

Her quote from news article:

'I was never a man, never lived as a man. No one can say they knew me as a man or produce a photo of me as a man.'

It makes me angry that everyone is saying she was born a man when she was born with both male and female parts and chose to be a woman.

They say in every title I've seen that she admits to being born a man yet she never did.

This is immensely aggravating.

And the fact that she was put into a prison cell with men and raped is inexcusable.

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The Stories Not Told

Level 2 Half-Elf

large.jpg

Hmm I have tough decision at hand, should I go sarcastic route or flat out laugh at this.

(And someone please get me off Weheartit...forgot how addicting it is)

I always assumed this guy was trolling.  

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

News Title

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2841581/Michael-Phelps-girlfriend-admits-born-male-describes-amazing-sex-Olympic-swimmer.html

'I was never a man, never lived as a man. No one can say they knew me as a man or produce a photo of me as a man.'

It makes me angry that everyone is saying she was born a man when she was born with both male and female parts and chose to be a woman.

They say in every title I've seen that she admits to being born a man yet she never did.

And the fact that she was put into a prison cell with men and raped is inexcusable.

On the subject of trolling, stop reading the Daily Mail. That's pretty much trolling in newspaper form. You'd be better off reading the Hitler Times; it would be more balanced.

Note to self - check whether "thehitlertimes.com" has been taken...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

The title is the same across multiple news sources I have seen. Daily Mail just happened to be the one facebook linked to and the quickest accessible one at the time of posting. Though I do agree they are shite at reporting.

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The Stories Not Told

Level 2 Half-Elf

Today is the transgender day of remembrance (TDOR). Please, take a minute of you time to remember the friend, the acquaintance or the faceless person you read about in the newspaper who did in the past year because of hate and ignorance.

Even better, check if there is a celebration going on near you and join that one too

• Like 3

Tkal, level 8 Dwarf assassin playing with the monks

STR 13.5 | DEX 19.25 | STA 16 | CON 18.75 | WIS 18 | CHA 14.5

My walls (aka: random log) | Intro | Challenge 1 with tracker | Aborted Challenge 2 | "Real" challenge 2 | Challenge 3
Challenge 4 | (never started)Challenge 5 | (super short) Challenge 5 | (third is a charm) Challenge 5 | Challenge 6
Challenge 7 | Challenge 8

"Patience you must learn"

On the subject of trolling, stop reading the Daily Mail. That's pretty much trolling in newspaper form. You'd be better off reading the Hitler Times; it would be more balanced.

Note to self - check whether "thehitlertimes.com" has been taken...

Nope, it seems to be waiting for someone to claim it.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

News Title

Having an intersex condition is ... not the same thing as being trans. Most people with intersex identify as a man or a woman, and a small percentage identify as trans, but that's not a choice, either. Having an intersex condition can mean many, many things, and it's not just about parts. :)

Having an intersex condition is ... not the same thing as being trans. Most people with intersex identify as a man or a woman, and a small percentage identify as trans, but that's not a choice, either. Having an intersex condition can mean many, many things, and it's not just about parts. :)

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the writers for Dailymail aren't the brightest of the bulbs. Or they just don't care enough to take few minutes to check up on it (because facts are for squares).

• Like 3

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Hello, fellow asexual Virginian! I also didn't know I was asexual until college. I took Intro to Women's Studies and one day we went over different sexual orientations/identies/etc., including asexuality (disclaimer: this teacher was awesome and addressed a lot of different perspectives/experiences each day in class, it wasn't like we had one Queer Day or whatever, we just had one day where we went over definitions and such for people who didn't know them)(I always feel the need to explain because I've heard from other friends about Women's Studies classes that don't do a very good job of that). It took another four to five months for me to realize that was me, and I haven't doubted it since. The aromantic part took a little longer, but I'm pretty comfortable in both of those now. I like you're perspective on your romantic attraction, though. I'm always impressed when I meet someone who has such a reasonable and chill attitude towards attraction.

I tried to watch (A)sexual and ended up turning it off part way through, I just didn't think it did a very good job of showing a lot of diversity amongst asexuals and it showed a lot of examples of people saying kind of ignorant stuff that just upset me. Like, the guy it's mainly about (I always forget his name) did an interview on The View and the way they talked to him was making me so pissed off. It's on Netflix if you want to give it a shot, though. Maybe it gets better, tbh I didn't get that far in.

Current challenge: Respawn Time!

Ugh, reading about totally clueless morons trying to discuss trans and/or intersex issues always makes me so angry. Come on, guys! Get it together!

I think that might be too hard for them. They probably are lucky they are able to even dress themselves, let alone an article about something do with trans and/ or intersex community. They rather go into full detail that She who shall not be named and her dressing down for once (who spends more than $600 on leggings that I could of got at Target for around $20).

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram