Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

they tie in to the book, while providing new plot (canon too), like telling you about the battle on jerico hill or what happened to the other gunslingers and gilead. And the art is wonderful.

I guess what I'm saying is yes, you should read them :D

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

...you mean there is more? I will have to investigate!

yes, its a little story that happens between book 4 and book 5.

first chapters were released as preview online, so you could start there while you get the book.

But..but..I'm only 462 books away from having 5K in my collection!

duude. so much jealousy here that is a mighty private library

But..but..I'm only 462 books away from having 5K in my collection!

While I'm fairly sure I don't own anywhere near 5000 books, I am now curious about how many books I have read over the course of my life. It may be somewhere around that figure for all I know.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I've been collecting since I was a kid. I had a leg up though, my dad let me have 1/4 of his collection when I moved, so that was 500 or so books right there.

I don't watch much tv, 1 1hr show a day, so I read all the time. I do 2 books at a time, 1 non-fiction 1 fiction. Needless to say I read really fast. For example I can read Fight Club or Starship Troopers in about an hour.

It's a pain in the ass to move. We moved in July b/c our landlord sold the house and the new owner planned on flipping it. My entire collection, minus what I bought since July is in storage. It really sucks, b/c I normally re-read old books most of the time, and buy new when something interesting comes out. I must have read the 12 books I have at home 5 times a piece since I moved.

My wife wants me to sell my collection and get a kindle.

I need to check out the library, as Frost suggested.

Level Zero Elven Assassin

Esto vir fortis!

sir, you just made it into my inspiration list… any tips on how to learn to read faster? I know learning that skill is going to destroy my economy, but I still want it.

Due to constantly moving, not much room, and no desire to re-read 90% of our books, we've stayed at around 300 books total, at one time, but have PROBABLY cycled through 5000 over the last 15 years, constantly buying and selling.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

sir, you just made it into my inspiration list… any tips on how to learn to read faster? I know learning that skill is going to destroy my economy, but I still want it.

I'm flattered.

I can't really give any tips, though. I always carry a book, with at least 2 or 3 are always floating around in the car. I'd suggest speed reading courses online.

I "learned" it by growing up without a TV. My family didn't get one until I was about 10. Even then, we lived in BFE, NE Tennessee and only got three channels. We were always big readers, and having dad's huge book collection was great. I got alot of my taste from him; scifi, history, classics(he basically has the whole classic lit section of Barnes and Noble), philosophy and sciences.

no desire to re-read 90% of our books,

Whaaaaaaaaa?!?!?!?!?.

My brain ceased functioning when I read that. I've worn out copies of Dune, Battlefield Earth(don't laugh great scifi adventure), working on my 4th or so copy of Tao of JKD. I still have the tattered pieces of my 1st copy of Burton's translation of 1001 Arabian Nights. I'm currently destroying my paperback copy of Gibbon's Abridged Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire. It's printed on rice paper, and 3000 page paperbacks aren't really made to be read over and over.

Level Zero Elven Assassin

Esto vir fortis!

So I spent some money ($50) on jeans and got a pair of the Duluth Trading Co. Ballroom jeans; I have to say so far I am a fan they look/feel sturdy and they live up to their name which is really nice when you're crouching down to fix things  

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Lol I recently spent $9 on jeans.  Realized that if I want to stop ripping the crotch/taint of my jeans that I need to buy a bigger size and just deal with the waist not fitting as nicely.

Big quads, ass and no waist, yep I have to go a size up and wear a belt

I used to love cheap jeans until I destroyed about 5 pairs blowing out the crotches while at work, then I moved up to Walmart quality; and now since I'm more office than dock I can justify spending $50 on jeans knowing that they aren't going to be destroyed by oil/grease/sheet metal the first day I wear them.

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Big quads, ass and no waist, yep I have to go a size up and wear a belt

I used to love cheap jeans until I destroyed about 5 pairs blowing out the crotches while at work, then I moved up to Walmart quality; and now since I'm more office than dock I can justify spending $50 on jeans knowing that they aren't going to be destroyed by oil/grease/sheet metal the first day I wear them.

Walmart has some that have an elastic waist and the jeans themselves stretch. I don't recall the brand name, but I have 2 pair and love em. Much easier to move around in them...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I am not fat shaming I just have my own issues; but those to me are fat people jeans and I don't think I could ever bring myself to wear something like those

Honestly it's something I'm working on, just all those years of trying to keep around <10% body fat that even being at 15% feels heavy

Daily Mile

I am not fat shaming I just have my own issues; but those to me are fat people jeans and I don't think I could ever bring myself to wear something like those

Honestly it's something I'm working on, just all those years of trying to keep around <10% body fat that even being at 15% feels heavy

I don't look at it as a body issue, it's a comfort issue. You talk about blowing out 5 pairs of jeans, which would happen if you wore jeans with 0 stretch, but these actually stretch and move as you move, they don't bind on any part of my legs. I'm a waist size 34, working into a 36 since I'm trying to put weight on with the lifting, so there's nothing fat there... I say try em on, move around in the fitting room, bend, squat etc... and see how you feel about it. I believe they're Wranglers now that I think about it...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I am in the same boat. I actually tried that type of jean on the other day and HATED the way it fit because it was "tight" on the waist (tight being fit the way it should) I have had to wear larger jeans for so long due to my quads that I am used to it now

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Speaking of books and Libraries have you guys heard of little free libraries or seen this article yet?

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/02/little-free-library-crackdown/385531/?utm_source=SFFB

TL;DR Stupid politicians are making people stop sharing free books with their neighbors 

• Like 1

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Speaking of books and Libraries have you guys heard of little free libraries or seen this article yet?

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/02/little-free-library-crackdown/385531/?utm_source=SFFB

TL;DR Stupid politicians are making people stop sharing free books with their neighbors

this is so sad… makes me want to put one though…
  • Like 2