Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

I expected to go grey early, my Dad did (he was completely grey by 40 when he met my mother, she thought he had blonde hair because it was grey and he used Vitalis in it.  Young guys looks it up on google.).  At 51 I've got some grey, but more brown than grey.  I grew a beard YEARS ago (my wife of 15 years has never seen me without it, except in old pictures).  My girlfriend at the time told me she'd dump me if I grew a beard, I did so and she didn't, I wound up dumping her.  Back hair?  Got it in spades.  Stomach hair?  Yup.  Ass hair?  Yup again.  Legs?  Furry.  Toes?  Hobbit-like.  Chest hair?  Not so much.  Very odd.  Palms are non of your business  :redface-new:

I've threatened to do a high-and-tight just for giggles, but it would look odd with the beard, and then I'd have to maintain it.  As it is I get my hair buzzed every couple months, trim my beard and shave my throat every week or so, and I'm golden.  Well, maybe not golden, but presentable.  

• Like 3

7536c4872a49c4beae1e222563b1d403.jpg

I think high and tight like this with a beard looks bad... ass.

• Like 1

7536c4872a49c4beae1e222563b1d403.jpg

I think high and tight like this with a beard looks bad... ass.

Again, maintenance.  It's been almost 20 years since I've had to shave before I went to work in the morning.  Every once in a while I consider losing the beard (especially in summer), but then I remember shaving every morning and I decide to keep it.

Again, maintenance.  It's been almost 20 years since I've had to shave before I went to work in the morning.  Every once in a while I consider losing the beard (especially in summer), but then I remember shaving every morning and I decide to keep it.

I definitely have to maintain my beard with trimmings and cleaning up the neck, but this is always why I never keep just a goatee.

A few years ago, I went for the 1980s Eddie Murphy look and shaved off all the facial hair except my dark/thick mustache.  I actually liked it, but I had to shave every morning...fuck that.

Then there's also the issue of razor bumps...not the life I'm tryna live.

• Like 1

I hear you on that one...

Just to rub the salt on the wound, here is me the third night after shaving (I shave once a week, if I remember to do so.)

Just to rub the salt on the wound, here is me the third night after shaving (I shave once a week, if I remember to do so.)

Let's put it this way, i went from clean-shaven to "hasn't shaved lately" to "has a beard" in a bit over a week.  I shaved Friday morning for work, didn't shave that weekend or the following week when I was on vacation, Sunday of the following week I shaved my throat to neaten things up and I had a beard.  Elapsed time ten days.  It was a short beard, but still a beard, and more than stubble, no skin visible thru the fur.  Picture Commander Riker from Star Trek TNG after I neatened it up.

I hate you... :-)

Also, I wish the beard/high and tight combo was acceptable when I was in the military.

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Ah! Nice to know I'm not alone. Though I am distinctly stubbly after a whole week has passed.

...and those are some serious come-to-bed eyes, Phyto.

• Like 1

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Ah! Nice to know I'm not alone. Though I am distinctly stubbly after a whole week has passed.

...and those are some serious come-to-bed eyes, Phyto.

Haha thanks.

Yup-- many of my friends are like me. There was a guy who believed that his beard would come back faster if he shaved everyday, so he didn't shave.... for seven years.

When I met him he had serious tendrils of whiskers, yet refused to shave. Once he got a girlfriend, tho. She 'nicely asked' him to. :P

• Like 1

What are you guys thinking of the coming summer and the options of sleeveless shirts not just in the gym?  This is the first year I'd be cool doing it, but I also have been accused of wearing a sweater into the pool, so idk.  Definitely not shaving shoulders/pits, but debating the...appropriateness of super hairy me in public.

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

What are you guys thinking of the coming summer and the options of sleeveless shirts not just in the gym?  This is the first year I'd be cool doing it, but I also have been accused of wearing a sweater into the pool, so idk.  Definitely not shaving shoulders/pits, but debating the...appropriateness of super hairy me in public.

Are you serving food? If not, I see no problem. If you serve food, then wear armpit nets to pass health inspection, I guess.

You're the second person in the world I know with shoulder hair. That's awesome.

• Like 1

What are you guys thinking of the coming summer and the options of sleeveless shirts not just in the gym? This is the first year I'd be cool doing it, but I also have been accused of wearing a sweater into the pool, so idk. Definitely not shaving shoulders/pits, but debating the...appropriateness of super hairy me in public.

Dude if you're comfortable with it, go for it.

Are you serving food? If not, I see no problem. If you serve food, then wear armpit nets to pass health inspection, I guess.

You're the second person in the world I know with shoulder hair. That's awesome.

Lol if you serve food, just wear a regular shirt.

I hate you... :-)

Also, I wish the beard/high and tight combo was acceptable when I was in the military.

I would definitely be rocking the beard if that were the case.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I'm right there with you, and I rock the fur with the tanks, especially since my shoulders are the most shapely and defined thing on me from lifting. I'll never shave any of it. Body hair is manly.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'm right there with you, and I rock the fur with the tanks, especially since my shoulders are the most shapely and defined thing on me from lifting. I'll never shave any of it. Body hair is manly.

At least I have the hair on my head to balance out the lack of hair elsewhere.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

At least I have the hair on my head to balance out the lack of hair elsewhere.

This.

Ugh, pass the eye-bleach please.

Why? It's so hipstrous the guy in the pic seems like he sips coffee before it was cool. 

Why? It's so hipstrous the guy in the pic seems like he sips coffee before it was cool. 

Well yeah, who likes cold coffee?

• Like 2

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Well yeah, who likes cold coffee?

I like the iced coffee

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs