Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

When I worked in the food industry. People were required to wear beardnet if the don't shave. So yes, it is a thing.

HairNetBeardnet%5B1%5D.jpg

Everyone needs a thneed.

everybody_needs_a_thneed_by_ryuxchan-d5a

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I could go a month without shaving and I'd look almost no different.  I have a mutton chop on one cheek (though no actual sideburns) and a connect-the-dot pattern on the other, and a pretend goatee that's so thin that it's only good for scratching the back of my hands.  Suffice to say, I'll never need a beard net. :P

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Ferocity (2),  2 Becoming Capable, Becoming a Ranger

Okay so its been a while since some thing was posted on here. I am uber sick right now but still working because I don't have the PTO to just die in bed. My coworkers are all women (frustrating on a healthy day) and they give me shit all day because I have no energy. They say that men are big babies when they are sick. Then they say that women have to deal with feeling nasty once a month so I should just suck it up. Any one else have this problem?

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Okay so its been a while since some thing was posted on here. I am uber sick right now but still working because I don't have the PTO to just die in bed. My coworkers are all women (frustrating on a healthy day) and they give me shit all day because I have no energy. They say that men are big babies when they are sick. Then they say that women have to deal with feeling nasty once a month so I should just suck it up. Any one else have this problem?

YAY for male dominated career paths... Most of the women I work with are men in women's skin, so not really. I'd just ignore them myself.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Yes, but it's because I'm a big baby when I'm sick.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I like to think that I suffer in Stoic silence. Although cause I am one of the loudest ones here they notice that more.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I got a lot of female coworkers. They do have a slight jest toward men, especially the study in my minor.  

"This research failed because the lead researcher was male," and elderly faculty member told the class of 20 with three men in it.  

"There is a gender thing in this field. Men won't do very well." Another female professor said.

But yeah, being different sucks. 

They get so angry when they say that I have a "man cold", and I reply, "Well, yeah, if I had a 'woman cold' I wouldn't even notice". 

Hey.... you brought it up. 

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I love it when women bring up the pain of child birth and how men could never handle it. Then the quote the study about when some men were hooked up to electrodes and they "simulate" the pain of child birth. I say sign me up and I will show you that I can handle it!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Am I the only one who wishes to know where these electrodes will be attached?

abs...

I love it when women bring up the pain of child birth and how men could never handle it. Then the quote the study about when some men were hooked up to electrodes and they "simulate" the pain of child birth. I say sign me up and I will show you that I can handle it!

The main problem I have with the whole "Child birth pain" argument is that women's bodies are designed for that, plus it must not be too bad since I see plenty of women with 2 kids. :-)

to try and simulate it on men, our bodies have no idea what's going on, so it doesn't know what to do.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Am I the only one who wishes to know where these electrodes will be attached?

The video that I saw shows the electrode on the lower abdomen. They were screaming as if they were being exorcised, and my thought went: Nope, nope, nope, you win. Bye. 

I do think women should be able to make fun of men. Sometimes it's not funny, but it's okay. I mean, society make fun of women's stereotypes all the time. 

Another unfunny one was when I was traveling with my coworker, and many people from hotel staffs to airport personnels thought we were married couple. (The fact that she is my age and race helped-- her boyfriend would not be so happy, though.)

Her air ticket did not print because it was booked under my account. We did not know this, so she tried and failed a couple times-- then I printed it out for her. And the reception lady looked at me rather funnily, saying 'yay, female empowerment.' My coworker didn't catch it.

The main problem I have with the whole "Child birth pain" argument is that women's bodies are designed for that, plus it must not be too bad since I see plenty of women with 2 kids. :-)

to try and simulate it on men, our bodies have no idea what's going on, so it doesn't know what to do.

Oh, same video!

I wonder then-- if the girls, who are curious, willing, and interested, were electrically simulated how it feels to be kicked in the balls, how the reactions would be.  

Oh, same video!

I wonder then-- if the girls, who are curious, willing, and interested, were electrically simulated how it feels to be kicked in the balls, how the reactions would be.  

lol... I'm not even sure how you could simulate this.... though there is a video out there of a girl getting punched pretty solidly right about there, and she does about the same thing a guy would do.

My first challenge

*must remember which thread im on before i start ranting*

I say rant away, I don't mind... :-)

I also can't say I've ever had the mens version happen to me... now not hearing someone, sure, but getting upset like that... nope.

My first challenge

Besides the point that is, I accept that, very painful to give birth to a child, I don't think that experiment has any kind of semblance to the real thing. Even the act of contracting a muscle via electrodes from the outside is far more uncomfortable/painful than just contracting that muscle (be it conscious or not). Not to speak of the fact that most women nowadays prefer to have their children delivered via c-section.

And yes, if I'm just somewhat sick, I act like a kid who needs care. If I'm really sick you will find my dead body behind the sofa after not hearing from me in two days.

i had a kidney stone not too long ago.  my sister is a nurse, and i have a buddy who's a doctor - both have said it's essentially male childbirth.  and holy shit, for the record.

i get crap when i'm sick too, but IMO it's women pushing back against the typical "manly facade" or whatever.  i roll with it. then don't let them forget it when they're in the same boat.  all in good fun.

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

STR:20 | DEX:13 | STA:13.5 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:16

battle log

there are far better things ahead than what we leave behind - CS Lewis

find out what you're afraid of, and go live there - Chuck Palahniuk