Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

I have never been able to sleep naked. I am a heating stooge and would prefer to wear more layers and cut my electricity bill.

Also ever since I was a kid I have had this fear of having a house fire or intruder and having to leap from bed buck naked.

Just personal preference really, I don't think there any any health benefits or negatives.

I've had that experience, its not actually that bad. Went to bed steaming drunk and naked while at uni, in dorms. Fire alarm went off. Friends entered room to make sure i got out based on my inebriated state. In my mind i was telling them to get out the room because i was naked but apparently a completely different, unrelated sentence was actually coming out. In the end i got so fed up they weren't leaving that i just got out of bed. Screaming (girls) and laughing (dudes) ensued.

I have never been able to sleep naked. I am a heating stooge and would prefer to wear more layers and cut my electricity bill.

Also ever since I was a kid I have had this fear of having a house fire or intruder and having to leap from bed buck naked.

Just personal preference really, I don't think there any any health benefits or negatives.

I've had that experience, its not actually that bad. Went to bed steaming drunk and naked while at uni, in dorms. Fire alarm went off. Friends entered room to make sure i got out based on my inebriated state. In my mind i was telling them to get out the room because i was naked but apparently a completely different, unrelated sentence was actually coming out. In the end i got so fed up they weren't leaving that i just got out of bed. Screaming (girls) and laughing (dudes) ensued.

As far as intruders, the Scots used it as intimidation, why not you?

• Like 2

not to completely change the subject but I am compltly freaking out right now and could use some man-vice (male advice)

*copied from my thread*

I have made a horrible horrible mistake....I am going to die from caffeen overdoes....okay let me back up, and I appologize if thsi is a little hard to follow, I am tweaking shit right now on caffeen and feel like I have terrets, skitzophrenia and ADHD all in one. I appologize for spelling mistakes, My mind is flying so screen-shot-2013-01-20-at-10-26-50-pm.pn

I take a fat burner called Lipodrene, its a caffeen pill with an appetite supressent, there is the equivelant of two cups of coffee in one pill.....I took two this morning...... THEN I made the mistake of making my coffee with espresso NOT coffee grounds.....I have 8oz. (for anyone that doesn't know, 1oz of espresso has the same caffeen content as 8oz on coffee)

so I pretty much have 292.5mg of caffeine in my system righ now........I can fucking see sounds and taste colors!

If you are a normal, healthy male > 150 pounds you probably need thousands of mgs of caffeine before it's deadly. If you have any breathing or heart weirdness, I would seek out medical attention immediately.

not to completely change the subject but I am compltly freaking out right now and could use some man-vice (male advice)

*copied from my thread*

I have made a horrible horrible mistake....I am going to die from caffeen overdoes....okay let me back up, and I appologize if thsi is a little hard to follow, I am tweaking shit right now on caffeen and feel like I have terrets, skitzophrenia and ADHD all in one. I appologize for spelling mistakes, My mind is flying so screen-shot-2013-01-20-at-10-26-50-pm.pn

I take a fat burner called Lipodrene, its a caffeen pill with an appetite supressent, there is the equivelant of two cups of coffee in one pill.....I took two this morning...... THEN I made the mistake of making my coffee with espresso NOT coffee grounds.....I have 8oz. (for anyone that doesn't know, 1oz of espresso has the same caffeen content as 8oz on coffee)

so I pretty much have 292.5mg of caffeine in my system righ now........I can fucking see sounds and taste colors!

1.5 oz (not 1 oz) espresso only has that much caffeine if it's brewed under pressure in the espresso machine, which is 15 times that of atmospheric, and increases the reate at which caffeine and flavor are drawn from the ground drasticly. That much espresso also actually has less caffeine than a cup of coffe. So worst case, even if you had the same volume of espresso as coffee, it would be 4x the ceffeine.

However, because you didn't brew under pressure, that's not the case. The only difference between espresso grounds and regular coffee grounds themselves is that espresso is ground finer, which means increased surface area for coffee contact and a slightly increased time as it take longer to filter through it. You're probably looking at maybe 2x the caffeine at worst.

edit: even wihtout all this, you're probably fine.

Lethal-Doses-Chemicals.png

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Since we are on these topics... Is sleeping naked good for you?

Good for you is a relative phrase here.

If you are married, chances are it is not good for you unless you are a newlywed or married a nudist.

Then again, if you don't want kids, chances are sleeping naked is good for you (FYI - most women are not turned on by naked guys, quite the opposite).

It's why boxers are better for your than briefs male health wise.

This has been studied, but in the context of male infertility.

A lot of stuff that applies to male infertility does NOT apply to normal males.

For example, it is often said when trying to conceive that you should have sex every other day, if not even less (with a max of 7 days between shots); This is great advice for males with low fertility, who shoot blanks if they go too soon. For normal males it only takes a few hours for you to no longer be shooting blanks, and within 24 hours you are mostly recharged, waiting any longer than that has nothing to do with the male, all you are doing is slowing down your total sperm production.

Likewise sperm are most potent shortly after production, that first day or two is when they are the most active, after a week or so activity starts to tail off a good bit (called motility, the reason for the 7 day limit). Briefs can increase the rate of motility decay.

The only people this is relevant to are infertile guys, who have low counts to begin with and take a long time to recharge, where quantity vs. quality is relevant, you want to keep that quality high.

For normal guys this is irrelevant, you can have daily sex and be shooting high power shots, waiting an extra day is not going to significantly decrease motility (even with briefs) or significantly increase counts.

And it really is only relevant when trying to conceive, slowed down sperm has no effect on you otherwise.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Good for you is a relative phrase here.

If you are married, chances are it is not good for you unless you are a newlywed or married a nudist.

Then again, if you don't want kids, chances are sleeping naked is good for you (FYI - most women are not turned on by naked guys, quite the opposite).

I should wear a tux to bed for that sake, then. 

well the espresso WAS brewed under pressure (the wife loves me and got me a combo drip/espresso maker a couple years back) and in my tired stupor I made espresso......I don't know how cause half the time I can't opperate it awake and sober

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

well the espresso WAS brewed under pressure (the wife loves me and got me a combo drip/espresso maker a couple years back) and in my tired stupor I made espresso......I don't know how cause half the time I can't opperate it awake and sober

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

OH I see. I thought you put espresso grounds in the drip coffee maker.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

No i've done that before and it makes a little stronger coffee but not a huge difference. 100oz water and a foot long sub from subway later and i feel just fine. Very awake.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

saw this on reddit and thought it might be a nice way to revitalize this thread:

men - what is your favourite book and how old are you?

33 and the last book I read that was more than a magazine was Dreamcatcher by Stephen King. I'm not much for novels unless it's a last ditch effort to find something to do. Favorite might be Green Mile...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

saw this on reddit and thought it might be a nice way to revitalize this thread:

men - what is your favourite book and how old are you?

favorite book series: Sword of truth by Terry Goodking

Favorite Book in that series: The last "3" (last trilogy is really one book broken into 3 due to size each are close to 700pages long if I remeber corectly) Chainfire, Phantom, and Confessor. You see exactly what the main characters are willing to go through even when there is no percievable hope left in the world.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Favorite books are hard.  The top include the Mistborn series, Pages of Pain and the Kingkiller Chronicles.  I am...  checking ID holy crap, I'm 33.  When the hell did that happen?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Favorite books are hard.  The top include the Mistborn series, Pages of Pain and the Kingkiller Chronicles.  I am...  checking ID holy crap, I'm 33.  When the hell did that happen?

About a year after you turned 32...

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

good call on Mistborn. only about a quarter of the way through the second but its good.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

About a year after you turned 32...

See, and I don't recall that either...

good call on Mistborn. only about a quarter of the way through the second but its good.

I always enjoy re-reading them.  The Stormlight Archive is also very good.  I would put that on my list as well.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Something that has been a mystery to me since middle school: Why did I see so many boys holding the crotch of their pants like someone was going run up and snatch their thing at any moment? For culture timeframe, this was from early to late 2000s. All through middle and high school, I saw guys of all types standing around, walking, and running while holding their crotch regardless of whether their pants were sagging or not. Could one of you shed some light on this?