Forums are back in action! ×

Comic Books and Graphic Novels: What are you reading?

Raikas

The last comic I read was Green Arrow: Year One. I have been considering picking up some of the new DC comics but am not sure where exactly to start as I am still disappointed they really don't have much on Raven, to my knowledge, since they reset.

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

Regular list:

Superior (soon to be back to amazing) spider-man

Superior foes of spider-man

Red Sonja

Wolverine and the x-men

Any and all Atomic robo that comes out

Hawkeye

Black widow

She-hulk

Moon knight

Daredevil

All new x-men

Invincible

And then whatever catches my eye. I want to like guardians of the galaxy soooo much, but I can't seem to get into it.

Red Patch the Rude

Level 0 Barbarian.

Warrior at heart, training with the Rangers,

without neglecting my warrior roots.

GONNA GET THAT LEVEL 1 SOON!

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Regular list:

Superior (soon to be back to amazing) spider-man

Superior foes of spider-man

Red Sonja

Wolverine and the x-men

Any and all Atomic robo that comes out

Hawkeye

Black widow

She-hulk

Moon knight

Daredevil

All new x-men

Invincible

And then whatever catches my eye. I want to like guardians of the galaxy soooo much, but I can't seem to get into it.

Much love for Atomic Robo! I haven't read any yet and was going to skip it, since the guy who recommended it to me also recommended Elephantmen, which I did not enjoy.

I do love Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Daredevil and All New X-Men though!

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Much love for Atomic Robo! I haven't read any yet and was going to skip it, since the guy who recommended it to me also recommended Elephantmen, which I did not enjoy.

I do love Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Daredevil and All New X-Men though!

Naw, atomic robo and elephantmen are very different. Atomic robo is comics as comics should be. Go to the atomic robo website and read the rules the creators set for themselves in writing it. That'll make you appreciate it fer sher.

Red Patch the Rude

Level 0 Barbarian.

Warrior at heart, training with the Rangers,

without neglecting my warrior roots.

GONNA GET THAT LEVEL 1 SOON!

Just finished the last Runaways series (frustrating cliffhanger ending, though I guess Avengers Arena answered that question?)

Getting caught up on Marvel at the moment. Finishing up X-Men Legacy and Secret Avengers before moving onto the "All-New Marvel NOW!" stuff. 

I'm currently re-re-re-reading Planetary again. I love that series ever so much. Aside from that, I'm kind of in a comic book limbo until te next Hawkeye tbp comes out. Since I don't work at a comic shop anymore, I've fallen out of touch with what's been going on in the realm of comics.

Questing!

Current / 1

Good Afternoon,

I recently finished re-reading Marvels Age of Apocalypse series and now I'm moving onto House of M and then Messiah Complex. 

Ave Atque Vale!

-The Soldier

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body." - Chairman Mao

"Self-respect is the fruit of discipline." - Abraham J. Heschel

"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." - Confucius

“Keep your blood clean, your body lean, and your mind sharp.†– Henry Rollins

“Tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up.†- Ann Bradford

“Pray not for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.†– Bruce Lee

I also am a huge loser and am reading the Buffy comics.  Joss Whedon had a large hand in them so I don't feel as nuts hahah.

They're basically considered "seasons," following the show. You're not a loser. You just have excellent taste.

I'm reading the Serenity comics that just started coming out. Same deal.

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

I actually have put off reading them for yearssss because I thought it crossed some uncrossable nerd line in my brain.  But really I'm fine with it hahah.  I've accepted my dorkiness and am actually really happy with my finally giving in.  I'm also pumped they are as long as they are.  I just got through the first omnibus of the first season and am so glad there are more that are still this season. 

Serenity comics?? How did I not know about this. 

They're a recent development. Check out Dark Horse for more details.

Some people don't like them. I adore them. ^_^

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Anyone here read 68?

I've read some really good things about the comic and what it does for the zombie genre and I've flipped through one of them in a bookstore and like the style, but I haven't seen the first issue; is it worth investing some time and money on this series? 

Level: 0 Race: Scrag Class: Druid

Just started reading the new weekly series Batman: Eternal (amazingly cool series so far), picked up the #1 of the amazing spiderman (it was hilarious) and #1 Marvels original sin (not sure yet).

I have to many plans for comic books and just not enough time in the day, still trying to finish out all of Neil Gaiman's Sandman to.

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Holy moly am I happy to have found this thread. =D

I'm a little behind, but I'm a huge fan of Hawkguy, East of West, Sex Criminals, and Saga. Some all-time favs are Sandman (haven't read any of the new ones though), Y:The Last Man, and anything by Matt Kindt. 

I also just finished the first The Invisibles TPB, and uh...well, I don't think I get it. I go back and forth on Grant Morrison.  I love We3, like Joe the Barbarian, and didn't care much for Animal Man. I thought Arkham Asylum was interesting, but mainly for the artwork. The Invisibles didn't make much sense to me, but I don't know if that's by design or if I'm a little slow. Anyone care to way in on good reasons to keep reading?  

I love love love comics and am super-excited about this thread. 

Sex criminals!

Also saga. Sooo into saga right now. At first I was like, eww, Romeo and Juliet in space, alright I get it.

But it was so much better :3

Also I love how far comics have come mainstream wise. I bought my first copy of saga about a month ago and I swear I got so many admiring looks and 'saga? Niiiiceee' comments that I thought about wearing it around my neck for the rest of my life

Level 1 Halfling - Rebel Nooblet - STR 2|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 2|CHA 2

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

What the junk is lumberjane up to?

Oh meng, I want a lying cat shirt so bad

Also, you should really get on the new sandman train. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it seems to be setting itself up to answer some big questions and play with some major ideas. At least IMHO

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

What the junk is lumberjane up to?

I'm waiting for trades for Sandman. I don't think I can handle another series with an erratic release schedule. I have to wait longer, but then I get to binge.  I can't wait though.  I love Gaiman, and I love JH WIlliams III, so that book is just full of win.

I just finished the second omnibus if the Walking Dead. Have to say even though the show deviates substantially from the comic I think it retains the spirit pretty well.

My only fear is that some characters in the show have become almost larger than the show itself and I hope the writers don't make too many concessions to keep alive fan favorites.

I just finished the second omnibus if the Walking Dead. Have to say even though the show deviates substantially from the comic I think it retains the spirit pretty well.My only fear is that some characters in the show have become almost larger than the show itself and I hope the writers don't make too many concessions to keep alive fan favorites.

I only finished the first trade (really liked dat art) and watched the series for awhile. Tbh I was never really super into the series for whatever reason, the tv show or the comics, but it got popular enough that it became a thing to do with friends so I did.

Norman reedus tho. I do agree, after awhile, especially I the prison arc, you can tell they are just pandering hardcore to the audience and giving him thee 'best lines' or what their writers think are their best quips. I feel like that kills the realism for me when that becomes too plain X_x

Also it used to really bug me how perfect Loris hair was all the time

I'm waiting for trades for Sandman. I don't think I can handle another series with an erratic release schedule. I have to wait longer, but then I get to binge.  I can't wait though.  I love Gaiman, and I love JH WIlliams III, so that book is just full of win.

It is tough taking things piece meal fo sho. I love the binge, but I'm also loving the dual covers and having something to look forward to every couple months :) I actually like the other artist cover a little better aesthetic wise, but I keep having to go with the Mckean covers because...it's like his sandman partner in crime, y'know?

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%