Forums are back in action! ×

Finally, I can start doing SS with a real bar.

twothirdsbeth

I had to work up to my 3 sets of 5 on the 45lb olympic bar for my overhead press and squats. I was so frustrated the first day when I got under the bar and got stuck at the bottom for squats, and only was able to do 2/3 sets of the bar for the overhead press.

Now I can properly use the bar plus some extra weight for each lift. It's not much, but I'm now confident that I can follow the program and continue gaining strength!

Work sets (Weight in pounds) (Current Body Weight: 182 lbs):

Squats: 55x5x3

OHP: 45x5x3

Bench Press: 65x5x3

Deadlift: 105x5x1

Yay! I'm looking forward to the day when all of these are above 100lbs. And the day when I can lift my bodyweight.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

twothirdsbeth, level 1 scout

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 4

[/TABLE]

Challenges: 1

Mileage Since 09/26: 4.5 miles

Guest Snake McClain

Now I can properly use the bar plus some extra weight for each lift. It's not much, but I'm now confident that I can follow the program and continue gaining strength!

BULL $#!% that isn't much! That is GREAT progress. You set a goal and you're going after it. That is more than a lot of people will ever do in their lives. You will hit that 100lbs in all your lifts in no time. I'm really excited to see your progress.

Congratulations. Be proud. Be super proud.

Look at it this way, I've got a beastly huge frame to hang muscle on, and my first SS Work sets(30 lb bar) were...

Squat: 35

Press: 40

Bench: 40

DL: 80

Imagine a guy twice your size struggling under half of what you lifted.

I'm now on

Squat: 120

Press: 65

Bench: 80

Deadlift: 180

That's 3 months with a 4-week "vacation" in the middle.

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log

That is awesome, congratulations!!!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/
Look at it this way, I've got a beastly huge frame to hang muscle on, and my first SS Work sets(30 lb bar) were...

Squat: 35

Press: 40

Bench: 40

DL: 80

Imagine a guy twice your size struggling under half of what you lifted.

Oh dear, now I'm just worried I got the bar weight wrong.

While reading SS it said that the 45 may be too heavy for females to start with for the press. I was just like, "I'm a fairly sturdy girl. I'll be damned if I can't get something 1/4 my weight over my head."

I am just effing stubborn when someone says I probably can't.

Thank you all for the support!

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

twothirdsbeth, level 1 scout

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 4

[/TABLE]

Challenges: 1

Mileage Since 09/26: 4.5 miles

Congratulations. Great progress!

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Archived