Forums are back in action! ×

World of Warcraft nerds, anyone?

Mgn

**fights the urge to re-install and get xpacs**

Thank god, it appears as though my account is locked due to me not remembering my password so no access for me!

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

That was a fun time...but also one full of life-fails...so :D

I started late vanilla and switched to belf pala for BC.

Raided all through BC, dropped of the radar some after beginning of WotLK. Came back after a while with a lot of lfg raids and stuff, got back into guild and did a lot of raiding there as second tank. Played a whole damn lot and ended with all classes on 80. Stopped before Cata came out (though I bought it at some point and even played like a month or two leveling 2-3 chars up to 85. Stopped completely before MoP was out.

Sometime this year renewed sub and leveled my warrior form 85 to 90 in a month.

Then I tried doing instances...wow...so much has changed...people don't talk to each other anymore...they rush through no care for tactics or anything...they don't even scream at you when you do things wrong...just stubbornly plow on.. o.O

Quit again ^^

I was enticed to try WLoD, but haven't yet had the chance/weakness to try ^^

• Like 1

So my battletag is as follows:

Skarbain#1665

I have a level 100 feral/resto druid Alliance side on Elune, a level 100 Prot/Arms warrior Horde side on Zul'jin and currently working on a disc priest Horde side (same server as war).  Disc priest currently seem broken, much easier to heal that my shammy,

Disc priests are really good.  I run RBGs with one.  But it's not so much that priests are good as it is that shammys are bad right now.  Especially elemental and enhance.

I was enticed to try WLoD, but haven't yet had the chance/weakness to try ^^

I hear ya.  All my hardcore raiding exp was in Vanilla/TBC too.  I haven't done anything harder than LFR since then.  And you're right.  Nobody talks to each other.  It kinda irks me too, but whatever.  PVP is still pretty fun.  Especially if you're a pally.  Ret is really strong right now.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I've been playing since early Vanilla and like others, did all of my hardcore raiding back then and through TBC. Nothing much more than LFR since. WoD has been excellent so far; I'm loving Garrisons.

Level 100 Orc Hunter - Bleeding Hollow

Level 90 everything else (except Priest and Lock) - all over the place, haha

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I'm a very casual player, but, do enjoy it when I get the time!

Xylianna

Level 100 Human Ret Pally

Server: Earthen Ring

Viktorya

Level 10 (and going) Troll Hunter

Server: Proudmoore

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Yay for WoW players!

I've also been playing since Vanilla, albeit switching servers / factions / classes along the way.  Started off as horde on Mal'Ganis raiding through Vanilla and TBC.  Switched to alliance and now play on Bloodhoof.  I no longer get to hardcore raid as I travel for work, but I do enjoy (for the most part) LFR's.

Carene - 100 mage

Rowence - 96 druid

Madrigall - 92 priest

Megadalyn - 91 pally

(using the most of rested experience to level up those alts for the win!)

In answer to the cross-realm guild thing; yes.  My guild is a mix of Bloodhoof and Duskwood.

• Like 1

Sweet!  Yea I've xfered/faction changed a few times too.  Started Alliance on Detheroc, and now I have Alli on Darkspear and Horde on Tichondrius.

In answer to the cross-realm guild thing; yes.  My guild is a mix of Bloodhoof and Duskwood.

That rocks!  So question: if we NFers are all on different servers, would it be possible to have a NerdFitness guild?

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

My Alliance Garrison seems like a thriving, well built series of structures that could survive a typhoon.

My horde garrison is a shanty strewn hobo town.

HAHAHA this is so true!!

I got my alliance character to 100, and I was like, oo shiny nice cobblestoned brick building place!

Horde character... hmm... teepees blowing in the wind and some pointy sticks jammed into the ground around the perimeter... seems legit.

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

HAHAHA this is so true!!

I got my alliance character to 100, and I was like, oo shiny nice cobblestoned brick building place!

Horde character... hmm... teepees blowing in the wind and some pointy sticks jammed into the ground around the perimeter... seems legit.

Yeah, but once you get it built, it's pretty cool.  My husband has the expansion, and his looks really sweet now. 

• Like 1

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

I got my Alliance Garrison up to level 3 but only got the horde side to level 2, maybe I need to flesh it out a little more?

I think I would be more enthusiastic about garrisons if all your characters (per faction) could share the same garrison.  I can't say I am really looking forward to doing the garrison on alts.  As it stands now, when I was finishing off an alt I wound up skipping a lot quests, treasure hunting and follower missions.  

• Like 2

I still cant get into WoW.. I quit after Cata and I can't seem to get the spark back.. I played for about a month of Warlords (I spent my time playing WoW Pokemon, I mean... Battlepets) I play Alliance - Whisperwind.

Akuyo - Level 0 Lycan Rebel

Stats: 0 STR, 0 DEX, 0 CON, 0 STA, 0 WIS, 0 CHA

I quit at Cata, played MoP briefly, and bought the new XPac. I like it but I don't love it - I'm a big PvP fan and it seems like every class has a stun or a lock (or two) now... (I play healers) So it can get frustrating, among other reasons. ^_^ I do enjoy the treasure hunting, though!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

I quit at Cata, played MoP briefly, and bought the new XPac. I like it but I don't love it - I'm a big PvP fan and it seems like every class has a stun or a lock (or two) now... (I play healers) So it can get frustrating, among other reasons. ^_^ I do enjoy the treasure hunting, though!

Play Disc Priest.  They're OP as hell right now.  lol.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

The handy notes mode makes it pretty easy to find those, well unless you like searching for them!

It's weird, horde in my battlegroup used to dominate PvP but it's been a terrible slog horde side in battlegrounds lately, I think I am winning about 30% over the past month.

• Like 1