Forums are back in action! ×

Minecraft

I tried minecraft for a while, but somehow it didn't really captivate me in the same way a good RPG (Dragon Age, Planescape: Torment, Gothic) would have. Maybe it's just too 'blocky' for me.

Lots of people I know play it rigorously though, they seem to be enjoying it alot!

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

When it first came out I was addicted to it for a few months.. now it's really the same old stuff over and over so I will come on with new updates to check stuff out for a few days then forget about it again until the next major update.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Love it! I usually play just to relax on the weekends (offline if the boyfriend is engaged on Xbox, online if he wants to team up with me). I can never quite make up my mind whether I want to spend the majority of my time mining for diamonds or building houses (love switching up my mod packs to see what the place looks like with different skins!) I love Minecraft so much in fact, that I have these two favorite YouTube videos practically memorized :P

Warning: Adult language and content

Zero Punctuation: Minecraft

Mining Diamonds (MV)

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

The answer is yes. :tongue:

It's hard to find good servers to play on! I'd love a great whitelist vanilla survival server with friends, but that's really hard to coordinate. I'm on the public fanserver of one of my favorite Minecraft Let's Players and recently picked up a public Superflat Hardcore server; they're quite fun, if rather chaotic due to the public element.

Le cÅ“ur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point. (The heart has its reasons that reason cannot know.)

@kawaiidragoness || @KawaChallenge || Reddit || Tumblr || Youtube || Dropbox (cloud storage) || Kiva (microloans for the world's economy!) || Universe Project 

L2 Spriggan AssassinSTR 5 | DEX 3 | CON 7.67 | STA 6 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 4.67QUEST || CHALLENGE: Lair (0) Start-Scummer (1) UD (2)

I hate gaming with strangers, but my hubby and I share a world or two over the LAN. I like spelunking in the generated tunnels and farming dyed sheep.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I hate gaming with strangers, but my hubby and I share a world or two over the LAN. I like spelunking in the generated tunnels and farming dyed sheep. Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

You know, sharing a world with one or two friends and just playing it, is probably the best times I've had playing the game. Random strangers tend to complicate it, and you can never be sure if your buildings and possessions will still be intact when you log back on lol.

Although, a few times I've joined a new server and helped 'Found' a few towns with some people. Which generally was pretty awesome. I like it most when you have a decent group and EVERYONE co-operates together.

I used to play religiously for a year when I first discovered it (2 years ago? Wow. Time flies.) but then I got disappointed with the game. Personally, I feel like Mojang dropped the ball (they would delay an update for a long time, so one would think something awesome is coming. It comes out to be..... colored sheep?) and ever since last year, I just can't bring myself to play it anymore. I do enjoy watching a youtuber by the name of Jamziboy build though. His creations are AMAZING!
http://www.youtube.com/user/JamziboyMinecraft

I used to play religiously for a year when I first discovered it (2 years ago? Wow. Time flies.) but then I got disappointed with the game. Personally, I feel like Mojang dropped the ball (they would delay an update for a long time, so one would think something awesome is coming. It comes out to be..... colored sheep?) and ever since last year, I just can't bring myself to play it anymore. I do enjoy watching a youtuber by the name of Jamziboy build though. His creations are AMAZING!

Jamziboy is the only minecraft content creator that I was able to watch for longer than two minutes. The stuff he builds is just special

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Now that they've taken on new staff (mostly Dinnerbone) and shifted the responsibility for Minecraft from Notch to Jeb they've gotten a lot better about updates. You can download "snapshots" (public beta builds) every Thursday, or wait every few months for the mostly-not-buggy "main" updates (which then usually go through a few iterations of bugfixes). Now, most public servers are going to be on the main update line so that third-party plugins can update, but if you're just going to play alone or with friends the snapshots are there for you. The updates have gotten far more ambitious too, especially with vanilla MInecraft now competing with technical mod packs; the upcoming "redstone update" is redoing everything we thought we knew about the in-game Turing machine, making monsters more interesting and more difficult to fight, and even adding a new building block to the game. So I wouldn't count Minecraft out just yet!

Thanks for turning me on to Jamzi; his stuff looks pretty excellent! I follow a lot of Minecraft LPers, and builders are a special breed. I'm not a fan of non-vanilla texture packs (I think the restrictions of vanilla are what make it interesting, like playing with limited palette pixel art) but it's still fascinating nonetheless.

Le cÅ“ur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point. (The heart has its reasons that reason cannot know.)

@kawaiidragoness || @KawaChallenge || Reddit || Tumblr || Youtube || Dropbox (cloud storage) || Kiva (microloans for the world's economy!) || Universe Project 

L2 Spriggan AssassinSTR 5 | DEX 3 | CON 7.67 | STA 6 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 4.67QUEST || CHALLENGE: Lair (0) Start-Scummer (1) UD (2)

I played it pretty hard core for a little while last summer. Now I just play it in spats. Great game to blow some free time with. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I play Minecraft! At least, I used to. I introduced it to my 3 year old son so I had an excuse to play it even more, however now HE is constantly playing and I only get to use it when he needs help or when he wants a new house. He watches Minecraft TobyGames over and over, and as a result he now gives himself a little running commentary while he's playing, too. 

I've been muscled out of my own game.

Archived