Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Internet!

Came here from the Lifehacker Q&A, really love what's going on here! 

I'm Kawa; 5'3" Asian-American female, currently at 150 lbs and not the strongest lady I could be. My goal is to be at 130 lbs or lower and actually be capable of lifting things, even myself (i.e. pullups). I'm currently on week 2 of both Hundred Pushups (right now I'm doing knee pushups; eventually I want to do 100 "true" pushups on my way to my strength goals) and Two Hundred Situps, have significantly cut the calories from my life, and am going to start purging the excess caffeine from my system starting tomorrow. 

On the "nerd" side, I have a Bachelor's degree in math and a Master's in operations research (applying that math to business problems), a long-time love of anime and manga (Kusanagi Motoko may or may not be my idol in all things), and a deep adoration for games with procedural generation and tactical adventure - mostly roguelikes but also Minecraft. When I'm not looking for a job that'll give me health insurance or tutoring high schoolers in math, I'm making Let's Plays of those video games, ranting on Twitter and Reddit, and trying to learn all I can of this crazy world I live in.

So, hi!

Le cÅ“ur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point. (The heart has its reasons that reason cannot know.)

@kawaiidragoness || @KawaChallenge || Reddit || Tumblr || Youtube || Dropbox (cloud storage) || Kiva (microloans for the world's economy!) || Universe Project 

L2 Spriggan AssassinSTR 5 | DEX 3 | CON 7.67 | STA 6 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 4.67QUEST || CHALLENGE: Lair (0) Start-Scummer (1) UD (2)

Hi and welcome aboard! Do you already have a plan on how you will achieve your goals? Will you start with an intensive body weight workout (cf: assassins) or start lifting as soon as possible (cf warriors)?

Good luck! And we are all with you if you need help or advices :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

I definitely see myself more as an assassin type, maybe with elements of scout or druid. When I was younger, my favorite form of exercise was actually playing a lot of Dance Dance Revolution and I kind of want to do that again, and be even better at it now than I was at my peak a decade ago. Besides Motoko (who is strong, but more importantly is fast and graceful) I'm inspired by the Spriggan Enchanters I play in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup; they're fast and sneaky and smart, and while they start off weak they don't have to stay that way.

Thanks for having me!

Le cÅ“ur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point. (The heart has its reasons that reason cannot know.)

@kawaiidragoness || @KawaChallenge || Reddit || Tumblr || Youtube || Dropbox (cloud storage) || Kiva (microloans for the world's economy!) || Universe Project 

L2 Spriggan AssassinSTR 5 | DEX 3 | CON 7.67 | STA 6 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 4.67QUEST || CHALLENGE: Lair (0) Start-Scummer (1) UD (2)

Archived