Forums are back in action! ×

Let's Do This

My Name is Rachael and I want to be a Marine

I have wanted to be a Marine for a while, but I am overweight and have very low will power. I told my parents I wanted to lose weight to surpass the pft, that was two years ago. I currently weigh a good 230lb. Yeah! That turned out as planned! Pluse I broke my left ankle so high impact jumps and running due to being overweight hurts it. When I say broke it by the way I don't mean a slight crack or one fracture. Did you know that there are three main bones for your ankle? And I broke all of them (one of them twice) plus, disclocating it. The doctor said it was one of the worst breaks he had seen! All from jumping out a tree because I got stuck and didn't bring my cell phone. So I have two plates and series of screws holding it together (my sister calls me Frankenstein).

I know for a fact that if I lose weight, my ankle wouldn't be a problem for me in the Marines.

My biggest problem is the diet. I live with my parents along with my oldest sister. And we have a small budget, so grocery shopping is for the whole family. And my family loves bread! My dad can't eat soup, pasta, anything without some sort of bread. If the meal doesn't have some sort of carb he will get bread or a tortilla (that was an interesting combination, spaghetti plus tortilla). I want to go Paleo, but as I mentioned that won't be realistic. If anyone has any advice on staying as Paleo as possible, that would be awesome! BTW, my diet currently is no sugar (big sugarholic here so that was hard), more veggies, lean meats, and staying away as much as possible from breads and rice. I limited myself to one piece of bread a day.

Workouts are not a problem I am currently doing ZWOWs (if you don't know, check out youtube she is amazing!) twice a day, walking every other day, and sandbag training every day. I also do bodyweight exercises everyday.

My goals are:

Lose 67 pounds by August

Do One pullup finally!

Be able to hug my knees to my chest with out my belly in the way

Read a book in one day everyday (or at least half)

There is more but these are the most important right now. Glad to have joined! Power to the NERD!

P.S. If anyone can think of a better name than Frankenstein would be much appreciated! Frankenstein was the scientist not the monster!

Welcome! We're glad to have you!

I'm concerned about your goal of reading at least half a book every day. How much time do you have to spare each day? Most books, depending on length and difficulty, would take at least a few hours minimum to read for all but the fastest readers, going up to several or possibly even dozens of hours. Unless you tend to read short, easy books, or are a very fast reader, that's a lot of time devotion each day.

You may want to participate in our challenges. The next one begins February 25th and lasts for six weeks; it's a time for you to focus on a few goals and really work towards achieving them, with all the support of the Rebellion behind you. Pick a profession/guild and join, if you like!

Archived