Forums are back in action! ×

Who got Bioshock Infinite?

Drewstein69

I got mine today when EB opened up and I didn't realize, at least on the PS3 version, the Original Bioshock is also included :o I had beaten it before on my 360 but since that's not red ringed, I'm stoked to be able to play through it again on my PS3 :D

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

-- Charles Bukowski

I didn't preorder it, but I plan on picking up a copy after work today.  Contemplated stopping by during lunch, but then I went out with coworkers instead.  I cannot wait to get home later tonight to crack it open.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

I actually just beat it this afternoon and no worries, I won't have any spoilers related to it. Aside from that, it was an amazing experience and I highly suggest that if you're comfortable with FPS's, play it on Hard. It's a challenege but a worthwhile one. Also, just what gets addressed in the game and how the story itself unfolds, I know that it'll be on my mind for awhile, even moreso than the original Bioshock but probably just as much as System Shock 2 :)

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

-- Charles Bukowski

Ill look into it when it gets a little cheaper. I like like the bright colorful graphics ive seen compared to the darker first 2.

I will being playing Dragon's Dogma until the Level Cap on Borderlands 2 gets raised next tuesday.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

I actually just beat it this afternoon and no worries, I won't have any spoilers related to it. Aside from that, it was an amazing experience and I highly suggest that if you're comfortable with FPS's, play it on Hard. It's a challenege but a worthwhile one. Also, just what gets addressed in the game and how the story itself unfolds, I know that it'll be on my mind for awhile, even moreso than the original Bioshock but probably just as much as System Shock 2 :)

How long did it take you to get through?

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

It's kinda grabbed my attention but I was not a huge fan of the original game. I tend not to like games that are as dark as Bioshock. So maybe it's the bright colorful graphics that got me interested. lol

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I started playing the game last night on Hard.... then wimped out and put it down to Normal/Medium.  I figure once I get a better grasp of the mechanics I'll replay on Hard.  Also, I don't want my deaths to drain any more money out of me and prevent me from buying any Vigor Aides.

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Also, I don't want my deaths to drain any more money out of me and prevent me from buying any Vigor Aides.

I can understand that logic fully, especially with the deaths I had hahaha. I offset it by focusing only on a few Vigors to upgrade, mainly Murder of Crows and Shock Jockey. I used Possesion occasionally but mainly did those 2, and combining them helped a lot as well :P

-- Charles Bukowski

Yea, the ending is something...I'm not going to post any spoilers out of courtesy for anyone who hasn't played/completed it yet. If there's enough interest, I suppose there could be a topic made in the forums about the ending itself cause yea...there's a lot to talk about haha

-- Charles Bukowski

I can understand that logic fully, especially with the deaths I had hahaha. I offset it by focusing only on a few Vigors to upgrade, mainly Murder of Crows and Shock Jockey. I used Possesion occasionally but mainly did those 2, and combining them helped a lot as well :tongue:

I've pretty much focused on Vigors at this point.  I maxed out my salts, and throw vigors around generously.  I have enough salts that I can do a good chunk of damage before breaking out my shot gun, and by the time I need to fall back Elisabeth throws me some additional Salts.  I tend to use Crows/Shock Jockey or Bronco/Devil's kiss as combinations, and then switch things out as needed (like possession for mechs and patriots).

I ended up buying the season pass this weekend, but had already passed the point where I could get all those infusion bottles.  I'm thinking the next play through will be on Hard/1999 mode though, so they'll come in handy.  Hopefully I can beat the game this week...

aw man just got through the game (power played through 2 days on hard just in time for my busy weekend)

Such a good game now i regret not finishing the first two :( 

Crows and posses were fun but charge later on became a favorite with certain gear ;)

Paleo. Strength training. SL 5x5.

Serious Gamer. Poker Addict. Beer Lover.

battle log

Seed's Mirin' Brah 6 week Challenge.

loved loved loved the first bioshock.  didn't really like the 2nd bioshock.  got maybe halfway through infinite but I was having a hard time (understandably since i didn't upgrade anything because I wasn't sure what to choose.).  Once I try out the 4 games on my gamequeue at gamefly I'll probably re-rent it and beat it. 

Archived