Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

Is that like, "part of this balanced breakfast?"  Haven't seen that one since I was a kid, but I think the Calvin and Hobbes gag on that phrase was the point in my life when I became aware of advertising doublespeak.

minicalvin.gif

more like "balanced breakfast adjacent" 

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

The most annoyingly stupid idea I hear parroted all the time is in the political pseudothought of others.

I keep hearing supporters of various dumb little parties think that we should "vote" for a different set of rules to be imposed on a populace of questionable average quality, as though a Homer Simpson will become an Einstein if only the right mode of bureaucracy oversees him.

[ Babby's Ferst Challenge ]

Veganism killed my gainz

Chasing 15 rep 2xBW deadlift

I HATE the comments about being naturally skinny and the people that think just because I'm like that I'm healthy "You should be able to run more" "I wish I could sit around all day and look like that," If I was like you I'd be at the all you can eat cafe every day."

This is the worst. The process of actively putting on weight is way more intense than people think it is, and I have to keep a pretty close eye on my weight to make sure that I'm eating enough and I don't lose mass. The last time I fell into a slump and didn't have the energy to eat as much, I lost 5 pounds in just a few weeks :(

This is the worst. The process of actively putting on weight is way more intense than people think it is, and I have to keep a pretty close eye on my weight to make sure that I'm eating enough and I don't lose mass. The last time I fell into a slump and didn't have the energy to eat as much, I lost 5 pounds in just a few weeks :(

I've noticed. My weight never changed most of my life so I thought I couldn't get much lower. I took out most of my junk food and started trying to use the caveman diet as much as possible (I always forget the name so it will always be caveman XD) and I started trying to start with Cardio so I can start getting my Asthma under control before the next challenge starts. How the hell did I lose 5 pounds? Where did it even come from? I'm starting to think the goal I planned for my challenge may be a lot harder than I originally thought, I was in the mindset gaining weight was about the same as loosing it, but I guess in my case with my body type a 253lb man is going to reach my weight (153lbs) before I can reach even half of his XD

This only fuels the annoying comments about me being thin and small forever.

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Upcoming Challange: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48060-allen-titan-less-allen-more-titan/

"They need something to look up to. Having something nice to look at is just a bonus"

This is what I hate about getting sick... I can work for a month or two to put some weight on, get sick and end up just laying in bed and a few days later, when all is said and down, I'm done 8 pounds.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

My little boy had the same thing... he's been trying to gain for YEARS... and his problem is he's still getting taller... so every time he gains a couple pounds he grows an inch and loses it... he's been right around ninety four four years :(

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

My little boy had the same thing... he's been trying to gain for YEARS... and his problem is he's still getting taller... so every time he gains a couple pounds he grows an inch and loses it... he's been right around ninety four four years :(

Oh, man - that was me when I was a kid, he has my sympathy.  I remember weighing in at 99 lbs. for 8th grade football - I practically begged the doctor to throw another pound on there just on principle.  If it makes him feel any better, I filled out fast once I stopped getting taller.  Went from 6'0" 135 my sophmore year to 6'1" 175 my senior year. 

I know this is totally meant as a compliment but it can be easily read otherwise, and i've had it a number of times:

Person: You look good, have you lost weight?
Me: Well yes, 60lbs in the last 10months
Person: 60lbs! Really? That much?

So either i don't look 60lbs better or i actually did a damn good job of hiding my size when i was bigger.

I know this is totally meant as a compliment but it can be easily read otherwise, and i've had it a number of times:

Person: You look good, have you lost weight?

Me: Well yes, 60lbs in the last 10months

Person: 60lbs! Really? That much?

So either i don't look 60lbs better or i actually did a damn good job of hiding my size when i was bigger.

I know myself, I lost 30 pounds and it didn't really show, it wasn't until I put on the right pair of jeans that it became apparent. I'm 6'1" so, if you're up there, I think it very well could be that it was hidden... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I've had a friend tell me I lost weight, and I was like

umm ya, I have working on loosing some, since I gained 15 pounds since I saw you last.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

I know myself, I lost 30 pounds and it didn't really show, it wasn't until I put on the right pair of jeans that it became apparent. I'm 6'1" so, if you're up there, I think it very well could be that it was hidden... :-)

Definitely clothes are a big deal. I barely have any at the moment as i'm loathe to spend lots on clothes while i'm still changing shape. When i can no longer continue wearing my existing tent-like clothes and i bite the bullet and get some new ones is usually when people notice.

I'm 3-4" shorter than you but the clothes argument still holds.

I'm still 6'4" with a big frame and a bigger waist, so there are two kinds of pants that fit me:

"Relaxed fit", which are flappy like clown pants for someone of my height and girth, or

"Straight fit", which are tight like sausage casings at the thigh, and flappy at the ankles.

*grumbles* I just want one brand of pants that fits someone like me. 

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

When I was a 44" waist, there were no pants that were suitably snug, they were ALL clown pants.  Because clearly if I'm 6'4" and slightly pudgy, I look like the frickin' Kool-Aid Man.

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I'm still 6'4" with a big frame and a bigger waist, so there are two kinds of pants that fit me:

"Relaxed fit", which are flappy like clown pants for someone of my height and girth, or

"Straight fit", which are tight like sausage casings at the thigh, and flappy at the ankles.

*grumbles* I just want one brand of pants that fits someone like me. 

Welcome to my world. Every pair of jeans I've ever owned has been HUGE on the waist to get them to fit my quads.

Every pair.

Since I was about 15 :(

Commiserations for you both.  I hate going shopping for pants (particularly jeans!) because every place near me seems determined that, since I'm female, I want everything to be made of elastic, and either can-see-my-underwear-outline tight, or nope-no-legs-here baggy :/

And don't get me started on jeans.... I cannot, for the life of me, find a pair that's boot or straight cut, rather than skinny, has pockets actually worth putting in pants (screw my silhouette, I better be able to fit my phone in those suckers - last pair I got, the pockets weren't deep enough for the first knuckle of my index finger before I did some modifications!), and actually sits on my waist (some chicks look good in hip jeans.  Some of us have a waist we'd like to be emphasising, thanks).  I can generally get the first two, I'm lucky if I get the second, and the third would be an honest-to-goodness miracle.

[/rant]

I'm kind of dreading the day I need to go out pants shopping.  It's coming.  I can grab fistfuls of cloth at the sides of my current jeans.

• Like 2

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Ugh. I've been getting a new one recently. I gave up soda and started exercising so of course I got the typical "Why do you need to loose weight, you're already skinny" and "Why would you want to gain weight?" but I got a new one that has been annoying the crap out of me.

"Come on, just one soda/pizza/candy, It won't kill you" "You're not going to do it, it's just a phase" and 'What's the point of all the exercise if you're just going to eat everything?"

I miss soda alot, and being tempted constantly makes me quite hostile, and where's the support, and explaining to people how to gain weight is hard.

• Like 1

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

Upcoming Challange: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48060-allen-titan-less-allen-more-titan/

"They need something to look up to. Having something nice to look at is just a bonus"

I used to know that pain.  My drivers license at 17 listed me as 6'2" and 135lbs.  I was VERY skinny.  Thankfully once I stopped growing (I stopped at 6'4" around 22 years old) I started to fill out.  I averaged about 8lbs a year of weight gain once I stopped growing until that leveled out, too.

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

My daughter is 15 months old and in the last 15 months I cannot count the number of times this has happened: 

"She's so beautiful!" Said while looking at AM. 

Then they look at me and get a startled look and say, "Oh my God! She looks just like you. You have the same face." As if for the first time ever they are looking at my face and not my size. :/ 

- Kicking ass is comfort food.- 

Left The Shire: 2/7/14 Reached Rivendell: 6/2/14

Battle Log 

Challenges: 1

The ancient Greeks say hi! (They trained completely naked with little more than rocks)

Hahah. I would have loved to go back in time to train with them. Granted I'd get my ass kicked and may die they were healthier.

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

"Do you know how many people would kill to have your body?"

Technically, I am in the healthy weight range for my height and build. When I mention that I'm not where I feel I should be in terms of physical fitness, I hear comments like this. It implies that I'm selfish because I didn't just work towards a certain number and then stop.

• Like 3

No trees were killed to post this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

---------------

Dali won't be joining us for dinner. He's ordering a bicycle from room service.