Forums are back in action! ×

New to NF :)

Hello friends,

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed as I manage my way around the cite, but thankful to have stumbled upon Nerd Fitness! Any tips would be greatly appreciated! 

I've come to the point in my life where I need to make a change. The past year of my life has been quite stressful, to say the least. Ever have the feeling where if change doesn't happen ASAP you are going to go insane?! Yep, I'm there...and its a scary, scary place to be in. My current reality is something like this: Overwhelmed with emotions of failure and fatigue from simply trying to do my best the next day and hoping for a different outcome have my mind boggled down to the Nth degree. 

I find myself in a really weird spot. I've never "gained" weight, excluding my pregnancy. I dieted, worked out, ran like a maniac in college and managed to stay small and petite. Until the past year. Following the birth of my daughter, who was in and out of the hospital her first year of life, stress, a job that almost ruined my marriage, and then recovering from an incident of infidelity, I'm spent. And, unfortunately that notion of never gaining weight, rendered her ugly little head. 20lbs later, emotional eating, and lack of motivation to start another workout routine I'm in desperate need of a community who understands...

What I really need is some serious accountability.

Someone to tell me to suck it up, get my head out of my butt and start living in a such a way where I can get my life back on track!

Hoping for that fellow rebels :)

SW

Suck it up, get your head out of your butt and start living in a such a way where you can get your life back on track!

:biggrin-new:

Also, welcome to NF!  :)  You will find a lot of helpful info and encouragement on these forums.  Feel free to ask questions!  Good luck with your goals!

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WHINING ABOUT YOU LOSER?! THAT'S RIGHT I CALLED YOU LOSER, 'CAUSE ONLY A LOSER WOULD WHINE ABOUT THEIR PROBLEMS AND NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!

ARE YOU GOING TO BE A LOSER FOREVER?! OR ARE YOU GOING TO GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND BECOOME A BADASS!?

GET READY, FOR AT DAWN WE RIDE!!

Was that harsh? Sorry if it was :neglected: , OH! And welcome to Nerd Fitness!

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WHINING ABOUT YOU LOSER?! THAT'S RIGHT I CALLED YOU LOSER, 'CAUSE ONLY A LOSER WOULD WHINE ABOUT THEIR PROBLEMS AND NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!

ARE YOU GOING TO BE A LOSER FOREVER?! OR ARE YOU GOING TO GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND BECOOME A BADASS!?

GET READY, FOR AT DAWN WE RIDE!!

Was that harsh? Sorry if it was :neglected: , OH! And welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Ok, lets do this!

I'll take option 2:Badass

Hey! That is sure a lot of stuff to go through in life. You should be glad that you realize all this. Some people go through life and make excuses for everything. I bet the majority of people would have taken your situation a lot worse. I'm new to this and am looking for motivational buddies, so if you need anything, send a message my way! I'm sorry that you have had to deal with all of that. 

Nice to meet you!

Level 1 Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

"Do something today that your future self with thank you for!"

Archived