Forums are back in action! ×

Well, I suppose it's about time I posted here.  I have been coming to Nerd Fitness for around a year now, but now I really think its time to start getting my life in order. 

The name is Ryan, and I'm 21, roughly 300 pounds and that just doesn't cut it for me anymore.  All my life I have been the "fat kid."  And it sucks, for real. I ate like crap, did absolutely nothing with my days and that's how I got to where I am today.  

The biggest reason I need to get in better shape, besides just for health reason and personal reasons, is because I really hope to be getting married in a year or two.  I have been with the same person for 8 years now, engaged for almost one.  I can't wait for it!  I know that this will be plenty of time for me to loose quite a lot of weight and look awesome for that big day. 

Biggest goal right now is strictly weight loss. I have already cut pop out of my diet, and have for months now, recently started drinking water multiple time daily, eating way less then I used to, and this past week I have been going out for a walk around my home town for about an hour (started Monday).  I feel pretty good so far, minus the big blister on my foot! But that's my problem, need new shoes. 

Well, I look forward to all of your help, and I can't wait to do my best to help others. Thanks for reading, rebels!

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Master Yoda

Welcome to the Rebellion!!

Congrats on the engagement! Don't worry you can make it and look totally hot in that suit as the reward. Oh blisters...takes me back to when I first started walking and running in my street slip-on shoes. A good shoe is a wonderful cure for those nasty blisters. I prefer New Balance because their assembled in the U.S.A, K-Swiss is a great shoe to, and Pumas are also a favorite but can be on the expensive side. Make sure your shoe is made for wherever you walk, I have New Balance trail running shoes. The difference with trail and track shoes is a big one: trail runners have a toe protector are a little bit heavier but sturdy, you could use these for working, around the house, and giving them tough love! Tracks are light and are usually padded for comfort on flat surfaces.

Make sure the shoes don't have way to much padding. I don't know if this happens to you but to much padding causes my ankle to hurt. From my experience, the less padding the better.

If you need any help around the site or anything else, feel free to PM me!

Hi!

You've made a great start with cleaning up your diet already! Keep going and I'm sure you'll look exactly how you want to on your wedding day. :) Are you going to try one of the 6 week challenges? They are a great way to make progress and make sure you stick to your goals, plus they're linked with the real life roleplaying game which I personally love.

When you get your new shoes, it might be a good idea to take them for a short walk first and put plasters on any areas you think might be sore to avoid blisters while you wear them in. Blisters are awful; I made this mistake last year with some new running shoes and ended up barely able to walk, so don't be me! :P

Level 2 Gnome adventurerSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 5|CON 8|WIS 11|CHA 3

Challenge 2

Thanks for the feed back! You guys are great. These tips will definitely help me out.  As for changing what I eat, I am slowly.  I never was the biggest fan of eating vegetables  Which is probably one reason I am where I am now, but I am working on it.  But it is hard to get healthier choices at the moment, my family is oging through a small money issue.  But once that is figured out, then hopefully I can change what I eat a lot more.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Master Yoda

Archived