Forums are back in action! ×

Slightly new to NF

Hello everyone! I've been silently following NF for a little while now and I finally decided to make an account and join the forums! I'm hoping to make some nerdy and healthy friends here since those are hard to find.

I guess here's a little bit of my story... I was overweight my whole life up until a couple years ago when I started another weight loss attempt which thankfully ended up successful! I lost about 60 pounds!! At that point I pretty much stabilized for a while until I slowly started gaining it back because I was giving myself some slack, too much actually. I've gained about 20-ish pounds back since then and I will not let myself keep gaining. When I found NF, that's when I really started thinking about lifting weights and possibly picking up the Paleo lifestyle, but I didn't go through with it.

Now I'm here, currently doing Jamie Eason's Livefit program: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html

My diet still isn't where it needs to be, I know that... I hate vegetables :(  So I'm not really sure how I'd even do Paleo lol I think I'd be miserable. There are some days where a salad sounds delicious, but most days I hate it.

Anyway, that's about it for my general story. I'm looking forward to some good times on here!

WHHAAAAAZZ UP?! :glee:

Nice accomplishment with the 60 lb.! I'm trying to lose a similar amount so I can go in the Marines.

I know all about not sticking to a diet, it takes time and a steadily growing will of iron. Currently my will resembles a wet noodle, but I'm getting there. But I LOVE veggies unlike you, it's carbs and sugar that are my problem. But I've heard great things about Livefit, and having a meal already set for you helps, A LOT!

A salad doesn't have to be just lettuce and tomatoes, there are a lot of variety out there like Greek salads, and seaweed salad. But it all comes down to dressings, I know you aren't supposed to have dressing on salad but I can't have plain salad. So I usually use Miso Caesar dressing which is fermented and is more natural and great tasting than other dressings, plus it tastes great on steamed veggies!

Welcome to the Rebellion!!

Welcome to the rebellion! :)

Great work with all you've done so far, losing 60lb is no small accomplishment! This site is great for helping you stick to your new ways and avoid sliping back into old habits. You are right about diet though, it is important and getting it on track will be one of the biggest factors in your success. If you hate veggies, have you tried hiding them in other things? One meal I frequently make is chopped carrots and tomatoes done in a pan with some kind of meat (I use Quorn mince, very low calorie and just as filling as regular meats), then adding a ton of sage, thyme and basil, all done in a pan with a little olive oil. You can hardly taste the veggies once it's done and it's incredibly yummy!

Good luck with your journey, good to have you here!

Level 2 Gnome adventurerSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 5|CON 8|WIS 11|CHA 3

Challenge 2

Welcome!

Yeah slipping veges into your diet can be tough. Maybe pair them with some sort of meat (how I started doing it). Sauteed mushrooms and onions added to a steak wrap, tiny bit of spinach added to an omlet, putting a bit of lettuce on your burger, etc. Also try different ways of cooking them, sometimes that helps a little bit.

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

Archived