Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys, yet another new recruit to the Rebellion.

I'm turning 25 next month and have wanted for years to get to a healthy weight.  In the past this has mostly been for appearance so I'd look better and be more attractive.  Lately though I've been worried about preserving my health and this is my primary motivation now, along with being able to do fun things anytime, anywhere.

Although I'm starting out as an adventurer I'd love to become an Assassin and become really good at Parkour and gymnastics exercises.  However, I'm also interested in trying my luck as a weight-lifting warrior.  Unfortunately I have a lot of remedial work to do as I can't even bodyweight squat with decent form.  I need to work on muscle imbalances and flexibility issues from sitting in chairs all day.  

I also need to improve my relationship with food.  I have a severe addiction to sugar and there's no brakes when it comes to eating sugary foods.  Getting this under control is my first priority since I know that I can't out-exercise the crap food that I've been eating.  I'm starting to eat Paleo as part of my challenge starting Monday so it's going to be a rough few weeks.

Anyway, thanks for reading.  I look forward to chatting with everyone and hopefully meeting some of you in person eventually.

5169f2433d0f3_beforefront.jpg5169f24f2a990_beforeside.jpg5169f25bb2696_beforeback.jpg

Level 6 Adventurer

| Epic Quest | Argus | Fitocracy | Character Page |

Hey there Vicarious! Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

I to am a sugarholic, but I've succeeded in getting it under control. It took a while but I found that eating 75% Dark chocolate and drinking my 'diet' tea curbs my sugar craving. And instead of saying, " I can't have that", to "I won't have that" make it YOUR decision.

Good luck on the Paleo, It really works just ask anyone in this Rebellion who has tried it. I haven't yet because, I live with my parents and we don't have the money to get grass-fed and almond flour for the whole family.

Have fun on your first challenge!

Archived