Forums are back in action! ×

Quest to Conquer the upcoming big 4-0!

I'm a 39 year old woman (mother of 2, stepmother to 1 and grandma to 1 and wife to 1) who has been confident, fit and proud to be the "eye catching wife" all my life.  I have never struggled with weight or confidence issues.  However, working in an office, commuting (this is a new addition to my life), and becoming an "emotional eater" (specifically if I'm happy, sad, angry, feeling good, feeling bad, celebrating, mourning... I think you get the picture) have all taken their toll on me.  And - this toll that they're taking are sitting on top of the soft voice whispering secrets in the back of my brain saying to me: "Hey woman, guess what?  You're going to be 40 next year!  Bet you can feel THAT creeping up on you!"  LOL

Add that to the fact that we have (for the first time) just found out that we were successful in our draw for a seasonal campsite up in Northern Saskatchewan for this summer!  WHICH is great!!  But, I was having issues feeling "ok" in a bathing suit last year already, and it's only gotten worse since then.  So - I can't do that again.  I HATE the thought of wearing those "old lady" bathing suits just so I can "tuck everything in" where it "should" be. 

So - I want the bumps that have appeared/grown to disappear... particularly my midsection.  With a side dish of "get rid of extra wave happening on the back of my upper arm" too please. LOL

I have a challenge/support group at the office I work at, many of which are using those "other" programs/clinics.  I have been reading NF for some time now and am ready to take on the challenge the NF way!  I believe it's a healthy way to achieve the goals I seek.

Hoping to meet some new friends on here for motivation & friendship.

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Don't worry we'll help and support you through your journey of becoming the hottie you are! And I bet you once that trip comes around, you won't need the "old lady" bathing suit. And I know how you feel about wearing those, I had to wear one at my cousin's birthday party when I was 15. Not my happiest memory.

"extra wave happening on the back of my upper arm" LOL I like your description of what my mom calls batwings!

Hope your challenge goes well you eye catcher you!

Archived