Forums are back in action! ×

Question from a newbie

Hello,

I have been browsing through the articles and trying some of the workout here for the past couple weeks and I am wanting to get more involved. I had a rather unpleasant experience on another board a while back, though, and I want to make sure I am in the right place before I get attached.

I am a vegetarian (sometimes vegan). Now, I am not the type of vegetarian that believes that my diet or lifestyle choices are better than anyone else’s, I am not the type of vegetarian that tries to recruit others to my way of doing things and I am not the type of vegetarian that will preach to anyone about their dietary choices. I have been a vegetarian for a long time and it is because of my own personal, spiritual and health reasons. I respect other people’s choices and lifestyles, and I do not attack how other people choose to live.

I realize that the paleo diet is encouraged here, and I have no problem with other people choosing to follow this diet. It will not work for me. I want to be sure before I get emotionally involved here that I am not going to be attacked or flamed for my own lifestyle though. So I am throwing it out there to the community… Will you allow a vegetarian in your midsts? (I also happen to be a really nerdy, geeky vegetarian and a freelance writer working on my MFA in creative writing amongst other things, lol).

I would rather you all be blunt with me and tell me to go away than to get attached and later attacked when I talk about the great veggie dish I made for dinner or something lame. So your feedback is appreciated. Please don’t take it as an opportunity to lecture me about the evils of a vegetarian diet or to preach to me about how much better your diet is than mine. I’ve already heard all that. I only want to know if your community is open to people who do things a little differently. Thank you. 

Elan Ranger, Level 3

STR 6|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 7|WIS 7|CHA 8

Height: 5'4Weight lost: 14.5 lbs

Current Challenge

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -Nietzsche

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

First things first, about you being vegetarian...Hell Yeah your welcome!! There are a lot of vegetarians and vegans here. The Paleo diet is encouraged because it's a better lifestyle to those of us whom eat meat. Not all of us are 100% Paleo, some just eat clean and others watch their calories. I eat clean.

I don't believe there is a problem being a vegetarian, in fact a friend of mine on NF have made a challenge to cook one vegetarian meal every week. If you have any amazing recipes that you wouldn't mind sharing that would be awesome! I'm kind of stumped as to what I should make next week.

As far as class the Adventurers are where all the beginners go. But there is a class for vegetarians and vegans, it's the Druid class.

Druid
Druids are one with nature. Often vegan or vegetarian, they specialize in being one with themselves, finding balance in everything. These peaceful folk spend a majority of their time training in the arts of yoga, meditation, and tai chi. Strength training is only done if necessary, as most druids aren’t interested in massive muscles or explosive power. Druids also follow a minimalist diet, high in vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Some eat meat, but only enough to get sufficient protein. Processed foods are the enemy.
Primary attributes: agility, flexibility
Training:meditation, yoga, tai chi
Real life example: Yoga instructors

Here is the link for all the classes:http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/challenges/real-life-roleplaying-making-your-nf-characte-r13

You don't have to do the RP it's just fun for us Nerds.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Archived