Forums are back in action! ×

Um. Hi?

Hey Rebels,

My name is Lia and I'm a 19-year-old college student.  I'm also horribly shy and awkward, but I'm working on that.

A couple of months ago I decided that I was ready to quit being the chubby, klutzy kid I've always been and start working towards becoming someone I can actually be proud of.  I then sat back and laughed, because seriously, how does a chick who gets nervous at the thought of even walking past the gym have a chance at getting in shape?  I started out slowly, convincing my (much fitter) sister to teach me bodyweight exercises I could do in my dorm room.  Then I made a commitment to stop taking the bus, thus adding 3-5 miles of walking or biking every day.  I even started running a few weeks ago, something I never thought I'd try but actually almost enjoy.

Now that I've gotten past the basics, I'm ready to branch out and try new types of exercise until I find something that's a good fit for me.  I'm also looking to revamp my diet: I've been a vegetarian for nearly seven years and can't eat most dairy products or eggs because of food sensitivities, but that hasn't stopped me from eating junk for far too long.  And, finally, I'm ready to start connecting with other people who are on the same journey as me, because this just isn't going to be any fun if I don't have someone to whom I can brag.

So, uh, hi.

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

I am also shy and awkward around stranger, and then once I start talking I can't for the life of me shut up! I to am working on that.

Good for you! Transforming yourself from the kid people knew into the woman they won't recognize. And your blessed to have a sister who can help you, my sisters are lazy and can't do a single pushup to save their lives. Nice job with the bus, it's the little things that lead to MUCH bigger results. 

Are you going to be in the Druid class? That's for vegetarians and vegans. But beginners always feel at home in the Adventurers, that's for the undecided along with Newbs.

Hope your first challenge goes well!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Oh! And if you really want to get to know people, look through the Forums or Challenge threads and put in your questions or give your input. Also putting stuff in your status is also an ice breaker.

Hello there fellow shy person! Hope your first challenge goes well! There is plenty of support here. Welcome aboard! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Hello and welcome, I'm new around here too. Great job on starting your journey, and making some lasting changes. I look forward to  following you on your path. You're going to do great!

"How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

-Chouji Akimichi 

33.33%
33.33%

BBWW: 6 of 18

37.5%
37.5%

Yoga: 9 of 24

46.15%
46.15%

Brown bag lunch: 12 of 26

Current

Hello and welcome! :D 

Sounds like a great start, I'm sure you'll do well and fit in great here! :P I think most of us have that shy/awkward trait--I know I do! 

Level 1 Human Adventurer

STR: 2   DEX:  2  STA: 2

CON:  2  WIS:   CHA:  3

"It's a tad easier to be proud when you come in first than it is when you finish further back. But there's no reason to hide when you don't do as well as you'd hoped. You can't run away from your problems. Better to run to your friends and family."-Twilight Sparkle

Archived