Forums are back in action! ×

Hey! Stepping up my life to the next level, anyone out there?

Hey guys,

So after having spent 3 years of my life training with some great friends at university for the rowing team, my fitness regime took a bit of a slip after graduating and I've decided that one of the best places to come and try and get some inspiration would be here!

I have always been a fairly slight character, and had spent the recent time attempting to bulk up, but my joy comes from being outside and running/cycling, so my mindset has completely changed and now I'm going to focus on improving my running times over the summer, and hopefully work up to a marathon next year.

I've got a few races coming up over the summer and thought I would say hi to everyone and wondered if anyone knows where people like me might belong here?

Hope everyone's well!

Marink

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Your on the right track with the Scouts. I hope your marathon goes great, maybe you'll finish first and blow everyone away! Have you thought about trying obstacle course races? I have never tried one but I've heard they are a lot of fun.

By the way, you can still attempt bulking while still running. Weights and/or bodyweight workouts will improve stamina and overall body strength, which will definitely up your stats on run times.

I haven't done any obstacle course races yet, but I have looked at doing things like Toughmudder, maybe that will be a goal I'll have to set for myself!

I may have a go at doing some bulking up, I've always found it really difficult to motivate to do any kind of strength building workout as doing indoor exercise has always been something that I've not particularly liked, I'm hoping to find some nice parks round here I'll be able to go to now it's summertime which will hopefully then push over to carrying it on in the winter!

Archived