Forums are back in action! ×

I'm new to nerd fitness and I found this site as it was recommended by a friend. I'm 38 and have 10 lbs to lose. Of course if I gain weight, as long as it is muscle and my clothes fit better, I'm ok with that.

I'm no stranger to eating this way, and have been for the last three years. I lost 30 lbs by changing my diet and incorporating some exercise. Tag being said, I fall off the wagon and always seem to gain about 10 lbs of it back, over and over again. This time, I want to keep those 10 lbs off.

I'm into running and I completed my first 10k a few weeks ago and now am taking a break from running as I have a stress fracture in my foot. My goal is to run a half marathon in September. It's something I have wanted to do, well, really my goal was to run a marathon, but I'm not sure that will happen. I also bike with my kids and chase them around the playground, play soccer with them, etc. I also play field hockey In an adult league.

What I'm not good at is strength training and sticking with that. I plan to look through the site to see where I should start. I have a pull up bar, hand weights, and some of those band things with handles. Any links or direction as to what to do for strength training would be appreciated!

Welcome Nerd!

Congrats first of all on the 30 lb. weight loss! :victorious:

Strength training is awesome, helps in losing weight faster and makes women look curvy and sexy! The Warrior class would be your best choice as far as class goes. They are all strength training and they will help you out if you have any questions.

Warrior
This tank is incredibly strong and powerful, pushing weight like it’s his job. Which is good, because it IS his job. Big, bulky, and strong as an ox, Warriors constantly try to push themselves to be bigger, better, stronger. Eating and lifting are the only two things Warriors worry about. You do NOT want to go punch for punch with a Warrior. You will get destroyed.

Primary attributes: Strength
Training: Pure strength-building weight training, Olympic lifting.
Real life example: Any World’s Strongest Man competitor, any of the weightlifters in the Olympics

I do weight lifting, how much weight are the bands and hand weights? And if you want to be able to do a pullup, then doing dead hangs and bent rows will help.

I'm an Adventurer which are where most of the Newbs go, when they first start out on challenges. If you would like more information on the classes here's the link: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/challenges/real-life-roleplaying-making-your-nf-characte-r13

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Archived