Forums are back in action! ×

First time poster, here.

My name is Aaron, and my current goal is to go from the worst shape of my life to the best. I was on my way to getting in shape a little over a year ago when my wife was pregnant. When our baby daughter arrived, I got lazy and had a ton of excuses. I let myself get to 226, was getting virtually no exercise, and was eating badly. I was feeling like dirt about my body, and was really losing hope of improving myself. I thought I was destined to be a hefty dad like other men in my family, and probably exit early from heart disease.

Plus, I had started to snore :(

It took until late March to reach my breaking point. Since March, I have lost 23 pounds and am feeling great! I ran my first 5k on a lunch break run yesterday, and am doing lots of body weight exercises and eating well. My goal weight is 185, but I'm more concerned about my body composition and fitness level than pure weight. This site has already been a huge inspiration and source of information for me, and I'm psyched to be part of the community.

Also, I stopped snoring :)

Onward!

-Aaron

Welcome dude!

WOOT! 23lb. lost and snoring stopped! I bet your wife was really happy about that.

If you work on performance and eat like a warrior then the weight will follow. What fitness level are you going for? Because if you are going for strength to then lifting weights would help, and it melts fat faster than just running. And the fact that you would look totally ripped is a nice touch :panda: .

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Hey hey!

I think I'll get into weight lifting in the somewhat near future, but right now I'm really digging running/interval training mixed with a moderate intensity of body weight exercises at home.

I'm eating around 1,500 calories a day or less, some of which are protein shakes or meal replacements, but I'm eating great dinners packed full of veggies, and often a salad with boneless skinless grilled chicken for lunch (no salad dressing).

In general I'm going for a high fitness level, but not necessarily the Greek God look. My #1 rule I've made for myself is that whatever I do, it has to be sustainable, so I'm trying to be very reasonable with my goals.

Thanks for the response. I really am so glad to have found this site and community.

-Aaron

Archived