Forums are back in action! ×

Hello,

I've been lurking for a bit. Discovered the site a couple of months ago, and the nerd approach really suits me. Because I'm a nerd.

Just a bit about me. Mid 30s, married, kids, job, house, and all the other stuff that many (me included) use as excuses for not having time to stay fit. Currently about 205lbs at 70inches height. Don't have a weight goal, but would like to get back to a 34" waist (currently 38"). Also just generally maintain a more balanced life. I'm not interested in lifting right now and dislike gyms. I'm probably looking at a Druid-Assassin approach to fitness in the long run.

I've already started the Angry Birds workout and am surprised at how challenging it is. Also embarrassed that I can't do even one pushup with good form (doing modifieds for now).

I love reading all the inspirational stories here. Looking forward to the next 6-week challenge!

Cave Dweller Druid, Level 4

STR: 5 | DEX: 5 | STA: 9 | CON: 10 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 8 Start:1/2/1/3/6/2

Welcome Nerd!

What kind of Nerd are you? Game, book, science, math, movies, sci-fi, etc.?

And don't worry you'll get to those full pushups without a problem. It helped me to just do pulse pushups and half pushups, I don't like to knee pushups. Have you looked up different types of bodyweight workouts? Because there are a lot of different ones that work everything at once, like Burpees, those are fun and Badass! HIIT will melt fat off and give you stamina and strength, plus it's fun.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Thanks, LostOne!

Nerd type: game (mostly oldschool 8-bit), book (non-fiction), and movie (mostly indie and artsy fartsy stuff). Well other stuff too. I'm a well-rounded nerd, in both the good and bad ways. The latter being the problem I need to work on :)

I've checked out tons of info on BW workouts, as I'm really digging the Angry Birds one. I'll definitely pursue more of that after I finish ABW.

Thanks again

Cave Dweller Druid, Level 4

STR: 5 | DEX: 5 | STA: 9 | CON: 10 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 8 Start:1/2/1/3/6/2

Nope, I joined when there was only one week left! Gives you a good idea as to what goes on in the challenge.

Archived