Forums are back in action! ×

Stuck in Dubai w/o workout partner. Need a motivating penpal!

Guest lcmonty11

Guest lcmonty11

Hi there!

Sooooo it sounds cool when I say, "I live in Dubai and work as a freelance photographer and yoga instructor."  Life here can be pretty difficult, though, and I've been developing a lot of bad habits here.  What really sucks is that before I moved here last fall I was in the best shape of my life. I was lifting, running to train for marathons, eating a very careful diet, playing on volleyball and dodgeball rec leagues, hitting the gym, and had a boyfriend that was an athlete, too.

And now I find myself surrounded by mega-brunches (these are no joke, they cost up to $170 and have unlimited gourmet food and alcohol), oppressive heat (exercising outside doesn't last long here), enabling friends that aren't very active, obscenely expensive gyms (not happening on a freelance job), unable to find local/organic/paleo food at the grocery store, and an injury from my last marathon keeping me from running.  And I admit I have used all of these pretty well as excuses for getting out of shape, especially since it's the same story for almost every one else I've met here.

But last week I found new motivation: I started my divemaster training, which means I'm in a bikini almost every day and could really use a little more confidence.  My friends say I look 'fine', but after gaining about 15 pounds and losing most of the muscle I had built so carefully, I'm realllly frustrated and can't stop thinking about how much better I know I could look.

I'm going to need help, though, so if there is anyone out there that wants to set some goals with me and do some check-ins, that would be amazing.  None of my friends here have any interest in this sort of thing, so I could really use an accountability partner. 

Anyone out there interested??  :D  Please?? :D

Lauren

Welcome!

I am willing to be your accountabuddie! If you want me to that is :redface:

Hi 

I know absolutely what you mean, even i reside in Dubai and life can be unnatural.

But for accountability you can do a six week challenge with the NF community.

Its awesome, i get support and motivation from all sorts of people.

There's one stating now so what are you waiting for  :peaceful:

All the best !

Archived