Forums are back in action! ×

Time to become a Real Life Ninja!

I've always thought ninjas were awesome.

Some Background-

I've been in karate since the 3rd grade (I'm currently in 10th grade and I'm 16.) and ever since I've joined I knew it was my thing. My style is Shorei Goju, and I've recently got my black belt in January! I've never been that athletic though, I've always hated gym and normally don't even attempt to try to play games in P.E. But karate isn't always about being athletic, it's about mental and spiritual fitness also.

Last October, a few days before Halloween (my favorite holiday), I was about to leave the fast food place I work at. As I was in the doorway, a masked man charges at me, trying to grab me. Instincts took over so I took my most stable stance and didn't let him grab me. Since he couldn't grab me, he started shoving me back. It was a few days before Halloween, and I thought it was a prank, so I didn't do anything but back up. Then he flips open a knife, and I then tripped over some chairs, bringing him down with me. Then two things happened at once, my coworker finally moves and pulls a ladle out of the soup yelling "HEY" while the robber started to lift his knife to stab me. The next thing I know, My arm was up, hitting him with my palm in his face, knocking off his mask, he grabs the mask and runs out. This whole ordeal from the time he charged me to the time he ran out was 20 seconds.

If I didn't have karate, I would've had a knife to my throat. That's why he was trying to grab me, like a hostage "give me the money or I slit her throat" type of deal. Since then I knew karate was definitely my thing considering it saved my life and my place of employment like $200.

My Battle Plans-

I'm started to train for free running and parkour, essential skills for becoming a real ninja! I have a decent amount of muscle, but enough fat over it that no one would know I'm strong at all, so I'm eating less and moving more.

For free running and parkour I need more arm strength so I can do pull-ups, so that's what I'm working first.

After a few months I'll work on endurance, I currently hate running and run an 11 minute mile. So I'll probably do things like the zombie run or sparring (sparring is so tiring)

Maybe my plans will change, who knows!

When I grow up I want to help people. I want to be a real life ninja, yes. But a ninja superhero. Someones getting robbed? I'll be there. Maybe I'll be a cop when I'm older. Or a jack of all trades.

So that's me, 16, black belt, friends with more adults then people my age. Feel free to talk to me about whatever, as most nerds go, I'm not socially gifted.

What goals! Training to be a superhero ninja is awesome, and you already know what you can do to.

My grandpa (RIP) was a LAPD SWAT officer. He was a superhero to, always aced the physicals and worked hard to improve his self-defense or marksmanship. To him any weakness in his job could cost a civilian or partner their life.

You and I have similar goals! Except I want to be a super Marine.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by jack of all trades? And are you going to be joining the next challenge?

Know what you mean about not being socially gifted, or being friends with more adults than own age people BTW :nonchalance:

Your grandpa sounds like he was a wonderful man! Those are the kind of people I look up to and wish the world was full of.

I've thought about being a super Marine before also, but I still am unsure where I want to take my ninja skills.

I have so many interests and things I like to do, I just want to do it all! I love computers and would love to learn to program, a stunt double, graphic design, zoologist, marine biologist, and so many more I have no clue which way my life is headed other then me owning my own gym to teach karate and parkour. All I know is that it's going up!

When's the next challenge? I'll most likely join  :)

Well this challenge is almost done, we only have till the 27th. And then we take a week long break, which we use to make our goals and get ready. Some of us (myself included) get started right away in order to better prepare and to iron out the kinks so to speak in our goals. Steve will set up the timer when the next challenge is about to begin.

LOL, I want to master a mash-up of things to: gaming level design, character creation, learn 4 other languages, develop the memory of Sherlock, gymnastics, parkour, art of disguise, become a black belt in Krav Maga, actually master math :nonchalance: , and learn everything I can about construction and cars so I never have to call a mechanic or plumber again.

Guest Dirty Deads

Welcome! Great goals. From personal experience, if you do decide on being a police officer, don't take criminal justice in college...they trick you into thinking that's what it takes when most prefer a business degree.

LostOne- Oh I'll definitely join the next one! I'll go look at the rules and stuff right now :)

And your goals are a lot like mine! My father has always been really good with fixing things, from roofing to plumbing, etc. So I wanted to learn that stuff too because we never need to call someone to fix it for us. But he had back surgery so he's starting to teach me little things like that. I'm learning French in high school right now ((I'm in french 2)) and I also want to learn Italian and Japanese ((assassin's creed and anime, perfect))

Bomber- Thank you! This til save me so much hassle and time if I become a cop! Whenever most people say criminal justice the first thing that pops into my head is a cop. Did you know it takes more hours of training to become a barber then it does becoming a cop? I'm full of fun facts~

Once you become the ninja superhero you have always meant to be, you will have the best origin story. Certainly a worthwhile goal. I'm really glad that I'm seeing people like you joining the forum (newbie myself). This will be quite a lot of fun.

Level 1 - Adventurer (Cthulhu in dusguise, but don't mind me)

STR: 2 І DEX: 1 І STA: 1 І CON: 2 І WIS: 5 І CHA: 4

Be mindful of your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.

Archived