Forums are back in action! ×

New to the Rebellion and excited to get started!

Hi NF Rebels!

I'm Monica, new to the group.

I'm super excited to have found this awesome group. I have been working on making improvements in my life for about 2 months now but without any real support system or accountability. I'm really happy to have found such a great place to not only fill that void, but it looks like it will be a lot of fun too!

A little about me, I am 28 and female. Have been living in California about a year and a half. I work as much as 70 hours a week sometimes, so haven't had a lot of time to work on ME. But I am working to find time now.   :)

I have been overweight my whole life although in the last few years it certainly has become more of a problem. My career is finally starting to look like it is on track and I am finding two things. One, no matter how successful I am I will not be happy until I am healthier. Two, my opportunities will increase if I LOOK like I have my life under control. As sucky as it is, my weight has limited my opportunities to grow in my career I feel as well. 

I have an understanding boss who is willing to work gym time into my work time. So the time to start is NOW.

Thanks for listening to me ramble... I tend to do that a lot :P

Hey, were Nerds! We love rambling, whether it's a villain monologing or the long explanation as to how the Tardis works!

Welcome to NF!

I live in California to! Are you going to be in the upcoming challenge? And if you need any help with workouts, you could post about it in the Help Me Build a Workout Plan thread. I'm sure there are other Nerds who are the same predicament you are, and know what to do.

I use Zuzana, HIIT, time challenge, or just a quick bodyweight workout if I'm short on time. Steve has the Beginner Bodyweight workout that is a time challenge. And I like Zuzana's (she's on YouTube BTW) workouts because her timed challenges don't go past 12 minutes.

Another BIG helper in losing weight is keeping your diet in check.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Hey, were Nerds! We love rambling, whether it's a villain monologing or the long explanation as to how the Tardis works!

Welcome to NF!

I live in California to! Are you going to be in the upcoming challenge? And if you need any help with workouts, you could post about it in the Help Me Build a Workout Plan thread. I'm sure there are other Nerds who are the same predicament you are, and know what to do.

Thanks! Yeah I am participating in the challenge. I am hoping having that going will be some good motivation!

Thanks for the welcome and the tip :)

Hi Monica!

Welcome to team TPS Reports! Hope you're not having a case of the Mondays. :)

As an office-bound nerd, I can definitely empathize with your goal of going outside at least 4x per week. It's frightening how long I can go before I realize I haven't been in the sunlight for days and days. In California (as opposed to Maine, where I am) your weather should help you achieve this goal. Have any parks or paths near your workplace? Sometimes even a 10 minute lap around the parking lot at lunch can brighten my entire outlook for the day.

I'm new to leading teams (this is also my first challenge) so please feel free to let me know what I can do to help! :)

Cheers,

TheBeerBabe

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."

The Beer Babe

www.thebeerbabe.com

My challenge - Less Sitting, More adventuring!

Archived