Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, hello

Hello all! :) I found NF probably about 6 months or so ago but never really joined in on the forums or became dedicated. More just reading the blog and the such. Obviously this is me changing that. I am 20 years old and weigh 150 lbs with a height of 5'5. 

I love playing games on my Xbox and am working on building a gaming computer. My favorite games are ones like Legend of Zelda, Assasins Creed, Gears of War, and so on and so forth. I also am a fan of D&D but hardly can ever find people to play with. I'm relatively shy, so finding new people is always difficult, though not impossible. I love reading! Harry Potter is one of my all time favorites and more recently I've fallen for the Song of Ice and Fire books. I pretty much will read anything with plot. Which makes my "to read" list never ending.

Ok, ok, back to fitness stuff!

I have wanted to work up endurance and improve my strength for a while now, but I have not, like many others, been committed until now, like you lot. :) I know we all have a bunch of potential, and like Anakin, we must decided how to use our potential. 

I have always been outta breathe after a few flights of stairs. And while I love to hike and backpack(when it's not sweltering hot, thanks Arizona) I don't go because of how embarrassed I am about being out of shape. Cant hardly make it anywhere. Basically if I ramp up my strength and endurance I know I'll be able to find all sorts of new things! (Anyone ever been to The Subway at Zion National Park in Utah? It's one of my dream hikes!)

It's also been on my mind a long time to be able to do full push-ups and pull ups. I working on making measurable goals.

As far as diet goes I am working on going paleo. I have already started cutting out processed foods so I'm getting there, though i still have a journey ahead of me. 

I hope that wasnt too long! Didnt know what to say, so I may have babbled. Anyway I am looking forward to getting to know some of you and working towards our goals together!

Level 1 Half Elf Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

“Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors.

Try to be better than yourself.â€

Welcome!

I'm a big fan of Legend of Zelda to! My favorite is Ocarina of Time, you know I heard Nintendo is looking into remaking it? If they do they better make it EXACTLY the way it was, just with better graphics! I used to like Assassin's Creed, and then I finished the third one....the story has gotten out of hand to me.

Even if your embarrassed and out of shape for backpacking, you'll still lap all of those sitting on the couch! So get out there (when it's cooler) and kick some ass!

Welcome!

I'm a big fan of Legend of Zelda to! My favorite is Ocarina of Time, you know I heard Nintendo is looking into remaking it? If they do they better make it EXACTLY the way it was, just with better graphics! I used to like Assassin's Creed, and then I finished the third one....the story has gotten out of hand to me.

Even if your embarrassed and out of shape for backpacking, you'll still lap all of those sitting on the couch! So get out there (when it's cooler) and kick some ass!

Ocarina of Time is my favorite as well. They did remake it for the 3DS, but I do not own one of those and have not been able to play it. I hope they are remaking it for a different console, or even available on the PC!

Thank you for the words of encouragement, that is completely true! Hard to remember when I'm out there(or even when I just looking for new gear), but if I'm doing what I like to do, then eventually I'll become a pro at it, or at least, someone who doesn't mind what other people are thinking. With a little rebellion help on the way, of course. :)

Level 1 Half Elf Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

“Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors.

Try to be better than yourself.â€

Oh how I know that feeling when you want to do something but you're too embarrassed of your fitness level. I'm still working on it too! Once you start exercising you feel more confident, start doing new things, then you get even more confident and you start doing other new things.... Chain reaction!

I'm a newbie here too, just wishing you good luck with your goals! Paleo is awesome by the way :) If you ever need some words of encouragement from someone in the same boat, I'm here, doing exactly same thing - getting harder better faster stronger :D

Archived