Forums are back in action! ×

let's rumble

Hey there fellow superheroes!

My name is Jene'e and I'm semi-new to Nerd Fitness. I've been checking it out and reading the articles and am subscribed and all that jazz and I've been doing some of the workout stuff but I finally signed up for the forums today. Why? Because I need you to challenge me.

tumblr_mnvkul0pjU1r9ue6wo1_250.jpg

(ps here is a bigger picture of my icon. please forgive my dirty-mirrored old bathroom.)

I have some very supportive people in my life right now, and I'm more than thankful for them, but I need to be held more accountable so I figured what better place than these forums with a bunch of strangers who will be judging me (hopefully positively but that's irrelevant!) from the get-go and of whom I can gain inspiration and maybe the itch of competition.

I started the Body for Life program about 12 weeks ago but I kind of fell off the bandwagon with it after 6-7 weeks and my fitness plateau brought me down a bit which is why I'm here. I'll go on about that whole story more at a different time and place. I'm currently inspired by Stacy the crazy amazing weightlifting goddess on here and also Samantha Wright, also a crazy amazing weightlifting goddess. I want to be a crazy amazing weightlifting goddess! I want to lose this unwanted body fat thing I've got going on! I've lost approximately 30 pounds already but still have an excess. I want to look good and feel good and be a well-oiled human machine running at maximum efficiency at all times!

And I want you to challenge me and fight me every step of the way there. No coddling allowed. Praise is good but Constructive Criticism is better. I give you full permission to make me cry (maybe) as long as it's being honest and helpful and not just mean. I'm going to ask a lot of dumb questions and have a hard time defining my goals and making them attainable. The latter of that will change, no promises on the former.

Anyhow that's a really long, dumb introduction and I haven't done anything on any sort of forum in forever but whatever there it is. Let's be friends. Let's rumble.

Welcome,

Hehehe, I'm not one for coddling! Unless you ask for some uplifting comments, I will criticize and go Drill Instructor until I see results. And I expect others to do the same to me!

Nice to meet you, check out my challenge and if you want to be my friend just add me!

Hello Jene'e,

just a suggestion but if you want to be "a crazy amazing weightlifting goddess", you can write down goals like deadlift your bodyweight 15 times, squat 240lb or something like that. You could also look for a contests in your area, that gives you enough time for preparation, and join it so you have something to look forward too.

Hope I could help you a bit.

Archived