Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy. Well, my story is pretty simple. I was active in martial arts and hockey during highschool but was moved my senior year and kind of gave into depression, stopped doing all my activities and kept eating like I was. I bounced around a lot after hs and in the process ballooned up to 400lbs. When I got there I realized you either get bigger and die or start living and get your life in order. I followed my dream of going to culinary school and working out and am now down to 375lbs and falling. I actually got down to 300 but I suffered an accident at work (broken ankle) and had to stay off my feet for 6 months while it healed. The accident also took me out of the culinary profession but the time spent sitting on my rump led me here. I'm working out and motivated again and can't wait to get back into judo, which is my first concrete fitness goal.

Argent, canton gules, chief dexter lion rampant or, armed and pizzled argent langued gules, sinister ramshead gules.

Shotokan Karate, Danzan-Ryu Jiu Jitsu, Fiorie Armizare

Hi and welcome!

I broke and dislocated my ankle jumping out of a tree (as far as my mom knows it was the small boulder :P). I have sets of screws and plates holding the bones together, but I made it stronger and now, running and jumping doesn't hurt it.

Are you going to join in the current challenge?

Good luck!

Woo for metal attached to our bones. I'm sporting two plates and 3 pins and it only gets achey after I've been stupid enough to forget my ankle brace at home when I go to work out. I'm not doing the current challenge but I'll be def. doing the next one once I get more regular with my work outs, kind of like getting raid geared.

Argent, canton gules, chief dexter lion rampant or, armed and pizzled argent langued gules, sinister ramshead gules.

This is what helped me, I no longer use my ankle brace. Anyways, if you want it to get stronger you can't wear the brace, it actually keeps the ankle weak because the muscles aren't working out. I started slowly and just put ice whenever it was achy or sore. Also running shoes with to much padding will cause ankles soreness, found this out the hard way with the K-Swiss Tubes.

Take it slowly dude, and PM me with your challenge when the next one comes around!

Thanks for the video. I`ll switch my shoes out, I've been using super padded high tops to help cover the brace

Archived