Forums are back in action! ×

Ogre Adventurer Joins The Rebellion

Hello everyone,

[Nerdspeak]

My name is Jeff and I have recently joined the NF Rebellion as an Ogre Adventurer.  I started my journey a couple years ago after killing my living humplewart scale as it screamed out 408!  Since then I have had up and downs on my journey with everything from stress-related ER visits, family loss, and recently the loss of my four-legged best friend.  Last year, I was in a dark place of depression and anxiety and have made steps in the past six months to regain happiness.   I have learned a lot in the past six months and am in a much better place then I was in 2012.  I am currently working on losing weight and hope to apply some of the techniques I have researched here to have better results.  A happy Ogre is a good Ogre.

I am an Ogre who yearns for larger adventures and I have recently created a blog to document my journey at myepicadventure.net.  My hope that with the support of what looks to be a great community here, this Ogre can reach his fitness goals and be stronger mentally, physically, and spiritually. Reaching these goals, this Ogre Adventurer hopes to become an Ogre Scout someday to help the Rebellion fight against all things evil and give advance warning of impending doom.

Funkle's Battle Plan

Weight - Lose 112 pounds to complete my first goal weight of 250 lbs. I once was 408 lbs and I have lost about 45 pounds since I started my journey, but have waviered up and down as I am not consistent.  The lowest I have been has been 339 last summer, but gained almost 30 pounds back after some depression anxiety issues the last six months of 2012.  I am committing myself not to waiver again and get rid of the weight once and for all.

Strength - I would like to be stronger and plan to start the beginner body weight workout once I get done with my move to my new "base camp" within the next week.

Endurance - I really enjoy hiking in the outdoors. I hope to build up my endurance so I can start backcountry hiking to be one with nature.  I would like to get my endurance so I can hike 10-15 miles a day.  I have a goal to Section or Thru Hike the Tahoe Rim Trail next year, and plan to hike the Pacific Crest Trail in 2015 or 2016.

post-18826-0-10670300-1372394815_thumb.j

[/Nerdspeak]

Keep close to nature's heart...and break clear away, once in a while,and climb a mountain, or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.-John Muir

Level 2 Ogre "Scout In Training"

STR 2 DEX 1 STA 3 CON 3 WIS 6.5 CHA 4

Current Challenge: Walkabout The Shire / Prologue

Daily Battle Log / Life Journal - myepicadventure.net

What up! And welcome!

Well, lets get you started on beating that weight! My friend Brute Squad is an ogre to! He's really cool and is actually the one who pushed me to stick to my goals and lose the weight. If you ever feel down or upset give him a PM, he always has sage advice to give out.

Are you going to join the current challenge? It's halfway done, but it will give you a chance to get the hang of things and test the water. And you will being getting your name out there so in the next challenge you'll have some good friends helping you out!

What are your battle plans Ogre Newbie?

What up! And welcome!

Well, lets get you started on beating that weight! My friend Brute Squad is an ogre to! He's really cool and is actually the one who pushed me to stick to my goals and lose the weight. If you ever feel down or upset give him a PM, he always has sage advice to give out.

Are you going to join the current challenge? It's halfway done, but it will give you a chance to get the hang of things and test the water. And you will being getting your name out there so in the next challenge you'll have some good friends helping you out!

What are your battle plans Ogre Newbie?

Thanks for greeting and the ogre referral.  I am still trying to grasp some stuff on the site, but plan to get in the swing of things the next day or two. I will work on a battle plan the next 24 hours and report back to the rebellion.

Keep close to nature's heart...and break clear away, once in a while,and climb a mountain, or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.-John Muir

Hey! Welcome to the rebellion! What are your long term goals? 

Thanks for the welcome.  

Funkle's Battle Plans

Weight - Lose 112 pounds to complete my first goal weight of 250 lbs. I once was 408 lbs and I have lost about 45 pounds since I started my journey, but have waviered up and down as I am not consistent.  The lowest I have been has been 339 last summer, but gained almost 30 pounds back after some depression anxiety issues the last six months of 2012.  I am committing myself not to waiver again and get rid of the weight once and for all.

Strength - I would like to be stronger and plan to start the beginner body weight workout once I get done with my move to my new "base camp" within the next week.