Forums are back in action! ×

Hi fellow Rebels, I’m Al and this is my story so far.

Since being 18 I’ve dabbled in various ways of keeping fit until I’ve found my preferred method Movnat (I still do other stuff sometimes).  I’m pretty fit, but not where I want to be as I’ve never had much structure to my training.

So me now

I’m 5ft 9

Just over 60kg (9.5st)

I can run 2 miles in 10 minutes, dead lift an 80kg sand bag, I’m an ok climber and have ok parkour skills,

I have a couple movement impediments (nothing major) which make over head squats hard to do with good form.

I’m a level 1 Movnat certified trainer and have just set up a business with a friend teaching natural movement classes and personal training and giving lifestyle/diet advice.

I enjoy, following nerdy pursuits, outdoor activities and bush crafts, growing my own food and cooking good meals, Unfortunately I also have an overactive brain that makes me think about everything all the time, so I end not doing any of the things I enjoy but stressing about not doing them and not doing the things I have to. (I know your thinking how can this guy give lifestyle advice? But I’m getting there and I can talk from experience)

So I’m here to find support from like minded people, maybe find some people nearby (Manchester UK) to meet up with and have some accountability for my own progress in fitness and life.

Not sure of specific goals at the moment, but I’ll have some in stone for the next challenge.

Oh and my RPG IRL:

• A standard human with my height and weight.
  • Class I struggled to think what Movnat would come under as it encompasses so much. But taking into account how I train at the moment and my personal attitudes, I came up with a mixed class of Ranger/Assassin which I decided was a Hunter. (Ranger-as that most closely represents structured Movnat training, plus I enjoy bush craft and worked as a ranger, Assassin- I see the world as a playground and could not ignore the playful side of Movnat practice.)

Level 4 Werewolf Ranger

Str: 7.5, Sta: 3, Dex: 6, Con: 10, Wis: 10.5, Cha: 5.5

Skills

Drawing l Cold resistance l Self Discipline

"Luck is an accumulation of hard work and focused attention"

Nice to meet ya!

I have an overactive brain to, millions of questions, thoughts, ideas will go through my all at once. Like you one of my biggest problem is overthinking the workouts I want to do, and then argue with myself until in the end I'm to mentally exhausted to do anything. But my friends on NF have been pushing me through that problem, and I've been working on gaining better focus.

Can't wait to see you in the next challenge!