Forums are back in action! ×

I'm new saw this sight and thought where has this been all my life. I'm a male 23 yr old nerd/jock who once I stopped playing sports I steadily put on weight now I'm trying to pull myself back from the brink and get in the best shape of my life! Any advice at all is welcome and much appreciated I have access to a gym but ideally it's money that could go to better things any tips to get that elusive six pack and gain mass are much appreciated .

Ready to work and reporting for duty !!!

Tony

Hello and welcome to NF!!

What kind of goals are you striving for? Are you trying to be a RL superhero or just get physically healthy?

If your money conscience then you can make your own gym , or use your bodyweight. I have a garage gym and use the bars on my mare motel, because I live to far away from the gym. You can slowly build it up just buying the essentials, and then grabbing the rest whenever the sales hit. A lot of workout equipment can be DIY, like pullup bars. Word of advice, if you make your own pullup bar station I would make the bars 2" thick instead of the standard 1 1/2". It helps your grip to strengthen up, which in turn helps out when lifting heavy objects.

Diet is key when striving to achieve a six pack. As long as there's fat on that belly, your muscles will keep hidden. What are you going to do as far as diet?

Also crunches are crap, Hanging Leg Raises, Plank, Burpees, Pushups, Jacknife, etc. are the best.

Hope this helps!

RICE. don't eat a lot of it. Aim for 0.8g/pound (or 1.76g/kg) of protein of bodyweight you have.

find your TDEE and BMR, calculate a deficit of roughly 500 calories. Log what you eat for a few weeks, you'll see your eating habbits and where to improve them.

Try to lower your carb to something like 150 grams a day.

Basically, I go by this "Lift heavy, eat animals"

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173