Forums are back in action! ×

Well, hello. My name is Bayne and I'm 25 years old, 6'1" and about 240 pounds. Ever since a young age I've been a gamer and fantasy/sci-fi buff, flitting between Zelda, Star Wars, superheroes, Dungeons & Dragons and other nerdtastical stuff. In high school I went in to theater and within a year I was the acting mentor and my teacher personally drove me halfway across the country to audition for my college of choice.

Glorious year, that one. My senior project consisted of playing with swords (mainly broadsword) and choreographing fight sequences. Fun days full of stretching and swinging around a large piece of blunted steel is an ideal form of fun and excitement for me.

But then high school ended, college fell through, and the grim realities of a 9-5 grind began to set in....on the wrong side of the clock. So now I'm nocturnal and sit here behind a screen at 3:30 in the morning. Exercise and interesting activities have all but halted. When I sleep, everyone is awake...making sleep relatively difficult. When I'm awake, it's late and/or I'm at work.

In my early morning wind down I began watching Arrow on Netflix. There are very few words to describe how inadequate a fictional characters can make you feel (Thanks much to Oliver Queen and Slade Wilson -_-;). But then it hit me as I'm watching The Hood fire off arrows at miscellaneous baddies and flaunting his general badassedness; I can do that. 

Not the whole vigilante thing, necessarily, but archery. I'm pretty much a crack shot with whatever weapon I pick up even if it's not fitted to me. Then while DMing a campaign, I mention a gym that is opening up offering 24 open doors...and it's relatively cheap...thus recruiting the first member of my party.

I've got some support ready. I've been researching paleo recipes and started compiling a shopping list for pay day. The gym is opening up soon, and a list of exercises is being arranged. I've read all of the Legend of Drizzt books I could get my hands on...and now I think I'm ready to become a ranger to make that most peculiar drow very....VERY proud. 

All that's to it is but to do it, aye?

• Like 1

Not to make just Drizzt proud, but myself mainly. I know he doesn't really shoot bows alot, but his integrity and drive are more solid than a rock wall, so he is more of an inspiration. As it weird as it sounds... I know that there is a sleek arrow slinging machine somewhere under the flab. Just have to chisel it out.

And thank you both for the welcome. :-)

• Like 1

A drizzit you say? Welcome!

Dictated over the phone to trained howler monkeys who post it on the Internet for me.

• Like 1

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

As it weird as it sounds... I know that there is a sleek arrow slinging machine somewhere under the flab. Just have to chisel it out.

It's not weird at all. I think most people who found NerdFitness dreamt of being like their hero at some point. Then one day they realized that they could be like their hero (within the limits of physics, chemistry, reality... :playful: ), so they got up and went to work on making that dream a reality.

So, once again, you hold your head high. And if you ever feel like giving up, just come to the forums and we'll have a cheer session to help you out.

Stay sharp!

Silver Rapier

• Like 3

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

I can appreciate how you got to where you are.

We make a lifestyle change, and it is easy to let things fall through.

You have the motivation, that's good. 

I hope that you are working on a plan for how to get you where you need to be.

Diet? Exercise? Skill training?

What new habits are you going to build?

What are you going to do when you don't feel like doing the hard things on a particular day? 

Is there something to get you moving, or to give you strength to make the hard choice and avoid the brownies, like a teammate in person or the shame of reporting a failure to a forum?

Just bringing these up because they were hard lessons for me to learn.  I hope easier for you!

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Gosh, I love archery. Where I live there's a huge outdoor archery range (hooray for the desert :nonchalance: ) that's a blast and a half to go to.

If I ever get a horse, you bet I'm gonna learn to shoot on horseback. That's the dream, right there.

I agree with what's been said on emulating your heroes. It's why we play video games and read fantasy novels in the first place; and thanks to this site, with like-minded people, it can just about become a reality :)

Good luck to you, keep your arrows sharp, and winds be at your back :)

I've never been a fan of chocolate. Haha. i've always preferred the savory to.the sweet, so paleo isn't too far of a stretch. My bigger issue would be rum, but I'll be reverting to my old plan of drinking water and unsweetened herbal tea exclusively (which I enjoy just as much). My partner and I have both expressed interest in LARPing, but Delaware is like a great black hole. Nobody cares unless it has to do with mudding, hunting and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Luckily I spend alot of time in town within walking distance to a few different locations, and my stepfather happens to be a black belt in Okinawan Isshinryu, so I may be able to begin learning from him. I'll be able to find something to do.

As far as failure goes? I'm tired of looking at a gut. To see it shrink away and then come back would be enough of a symbol of failure to whip my ass back in to shape.

I hold on to no illusion that this series of trials will be a walk in the park, but I know who I want to be, and anyone who cares at all will be willing to help or at least not hinder. Should they not, then they will be avoided like a river of venereal diseases.

My partner and I have both expressed interest in LARPing, but Delaware is like a great black hole. Nobody cares unless it has to do with mudding, hunting and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

One fun thing to do similar to larp is humans vs zombies. just get a group of people with nerf funs and a large area with hiding places then select some zombies and break off into small teams.zombies cant talk in front of humans. zombies have to two hand touch you to turn you and if they get shot they take a knee and count to 120 out loud before attacking again. I use to do it every weekend with a huge group it was a blast.

• Like 1

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

If you are interested in starting your own zomb here are the rules. You can modify them to your own situation we had a lot of idiots come in so we had to add extra rules and such. But when I first joined it was the most fun I had ever had and I was in the best shape I have been in. But I moved away and started dating a cake decorator...

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!