Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

Who's ready to kick butt in this Clan War? I think we have a shot as long as most people are active.

I look forward to it every week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Excuse any short replies, please.

• Like 1

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.†― Henry Ford

Epic Quest

First Challenge          Second Challenge         Third Challenge

Guess I'm a bit OCD in this regard...

"All cannons gold? Good, now I can work on arrows"

That's how I am.

I started getting frustrated with having piles of elixir sitting around and getting raided nonstop due to it, so I upgraded my TH to 9 before my teslas were done, so I went a little out of order this time.

Now I'll have plenty to spend the elixir on (in 3 more days)! :D

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

That's how I am.

I started getting frustrated with having piles of elixir sitting around and getting raided nonstop due to it, so I upgraded my TH to 9 before my teslas were done, so I went a little out of order this time.

Now I'll have plenty to spend the elixir on (in 3 more days)! :D

I focus on raiding for gold, and my elixir comes with time (as long as I can replace my army costs), once my current research project get's down to about a day left I'll raid for elixir if needed.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

i'm so bad at raiding and war-ing. any tips?

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Put your replays up in chat asking for tips, as well as watching other replays to see what people do. That way we can specifically point out things...

Edit: If you have anything specific, like a situation that keeps wrecking you, you can put that up here as well.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

On a war note, I think we should be more specific about troop requests. People should have a strategy for a target, and know what type of troop will help you with that target, then ask specifically for stuff (like L4+ Giants, etc.). Just saying "War Troops" is too generic. I could provide you with Wizards when you are doing a Dragon attack or something. That won't help you as much as another Dragon would.

What is your typical army configuration?

• Like 1

*(@#&(%*)*(&%#

Not a single thing went right in my first war attack.

Had a hard time drawing out the dragon from the CC.

Drop archers to kill it - half of them attack other targets and ignore the dragon.

Drop some wizards to finish it off - some of them ignore it as well.

Bulk of the wizards spread out - they decide to clump together and hit a giant bomb, wiping out all of them.

*sigh*

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

These guys are pretty tough. I hope you don't mind me trying to get a star or two on a previous zero star attack with my second attempt. I just can't go in blind again!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

*(@#&(%*)*(&%#

Not a single thing went right in my first war attack.

Had a hard time drawing out the dragon from the CC.

Drop archers to kill it - half of them attack other targets and ignore the dragon.

Drop some wizards to finish it off - some of them ignore it as well.

Bulk of the wizards spread out - they decide to clump together and hit a giant bomb, wiping out all of them.

*sigh*

Well... on the bright side, that's my recommended target, and now I have some intel... :-D

• Like 1

My first challenge

I also had a tough time drawing out the CC troops on my second attack. They didn't all want to come out at first when I had troops for them to attack, so I assumed it wasn't full. So I attack with my troops and out pops the rest of their CC troops and I lost control of the situation. Still one starred but should have been a 3. 

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

I also had a tough time drawing out the CC troops on my second attack. They didn't all want to come out at first when I had troops for them to attack, so I assumed it wasn't full. So I attack with my troops and out pops the rest of their CC troops and I lost control of the situation. Still one starred but should have been a 3. 

In this situation, I keep dropping 1 troop at a time until I see no more coming out of the castle, then I pull them all over somewhere and kill em.

My first challenge

I did that, saw nothing coming out and went for the attack. It was strange.

Maybe you were no longer in aggro range...if you started dropping troops outside of the range, and they'd walk into to trigger it, then as castle troops get close enough they'd kill your troops before they got back in the circle. In that case, any more troops dropped wouldn't trigger the castle.

In war, I like to scout first, then click on the castle and see how and where I can aggro them. Sometimes you have to use goblins to run into the base far enough.

Edit: I just went and looked at your second attack, and that's exactly what happened. Your closer archer was triggering the castle, as soon as the castle troops killed her, the further archer, not being in aggro range, wasn't triggering it, therefore no more troops came out.

My first challenge

do we have room for a second account?  or a sister guild or something?

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Maybe you were no longer in aggro range...if you started dropping troops outside of the range, and they'd walk into to trigger it, then as castle troops get close enough they'd kill your troops before they got back in the circle. In that case, any more troops dropped wouldn't trigger the castle.

In war, I like to scout first, then click on the castle and see how and where I can aggro them. Sometimes you have to use goblins to run into the base far enough.

Edit: I just went and looked at your second attack, and that's exactly what happened. Your closer archer was triggering the castle, as soon as the castle troops killed her, the further archer, not being in aggro range, wasn't triggering it, therefore no more troops came out.

I see, so much to learn. 

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916