Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

My husband was printing out some Army evaluation forms to submit to his unit commander on our home printer. I forgot that I had previously loaded scrap paper into the printer, until he turned over one of the forms and saw this on the back:

dogesmall.jpg

We both had a good, long laugh about that. Thankfully he caught it before he submitted those forms!

• Like 2

At the gym a guy was popping & locking/break dancing during his rests between sets. He was pretty good. On the bright side, certainly made all of us in the free weights section smile. On the down side, it made my workout that much harder (have you ever tried to hold a plank while smiling/laughing? Hard as hell!)

• Like 1

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

Me: *walks up to EIT (Engineer In Training), with conflict between my detailing and his design*

EIT: *no, you're wrong because look at this drawing*

Me: *that's the wrong drawing, here's where you're ACTUALLY tying into*

EIT: *.... d'oh, you're right. Can't believe I didn't notice that.*

Senior Engineer: *pokes head out of door nearby* He does that a lot. 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Me: *walks up to EIT (Engineer In Training), with conflict between my detailing and his design*

EIT: *no, you're wrong because look at this drawing*

Me: *that's the wrong drawing, here's where you're ACTUALLY tying into*

EIT: *.... d'oh, you're right. Can't believe I didn't notice that.*

Senior Engineer: *pokes head out of door nearby* He does that a lot. 

The number of times I've had that conversation... never had the last comment though.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I've been doing it to the Senior Engineer since I started here.  I miss some little things now and then, but I always tend to find something big that everyone missed, because, pff, they're engineers! How could THEY have missed something big?

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

No, having a stake in the country's success. You can own land outright and have no debt.

Renting, you don't truly have a stake since you can just up and move.

To prevent further derailment we can go to another thread, or PMs.

- Buys acre of land in the middle of nowhere.

- Slices it up into (I'm not going to do the math) 1"x1" pieces, and sells each for a couple bucks, so that people can become voters.

- #profit

Either that or buy stock in a company (or buy into a stock mutual fund or 401K plan) that owns land, and you too become partial land owner.

Anyway, by being a US citizen you are technically a landowner because public property is the property of the citizens.

I see no way you could legally delineate proper landowning for being a voter.  Sole ownership?  That would negate all mortgaged properties and all married couples.  A minimum quantity or value?  Surveyors/assessors be making the big bucks, plus the limit would be an arbitrary number, and oh the bureaucracy it would create.  

If the president sells his former home when moving into the white house, does that mean he can no longer vote?  What if you are doing a leaseback on a home you sold while waiting to close on the new one.  Are you not allowed to vote during this time?

• Like 1

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Coming home from doing Good Deeds, whipping up a quick dinner (smashed tuna salad and carrots), and listening to music while watching the sunset from my balcony with a righteous drink in my hand. I am so gosh darned lucky.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

What made me smile today: when I got out of my bedroom this morning, the most amazing dog I know was standing outside my door wagging her tail so hard it nearly fell off:) I lived at home, with my parents, when she was a puppy. So I was one of the humans raising her. But then I went away for uni, and she's getting old. Though whenever I get back I am still her human:)

• Like 1

From the North, I am. Grammar applys here not.

Forest Elven Lightstalker Lv. 3

“Little by little, one travels farâ€.― J.R.R. Tolkien.

42%
42%

% of Available Sparklepoints Collected, Current Challenge

<p>

Basically this whole week my parents have been dicks to me. So after being told I am going to f*** up without my meds by my parents, it's nice to hear from an old friend (who I've been fixing friendship with) how I was consider the most strongest person she knows. That definitely made my day.

Heads up may trigger someone (possibly) to next things

Funny how I always forget what I have already achieved (and how being told something like being a bad ass can remind me of); actually graduating with my class in high school (everyone thought won't be able to do it...actually first person in my situation of severer mental illness to be able to do it in my high school), actually making it through my certificate for vet assistant, controlling my addiction towards cutting/burning (been 2 years since last time I have cut and about 2 1/2 years since last burnt), actually getting my driver's license after so many times of failing and dealing with my anxiety over it, getting more control over my anger issues (no longer getting into fist fights), haven't attempted to commit suicide in almost 2 years (like to explain a bit about this..this is the longest I've have gone without attempting it...the second longest was about a year), haven't end up in a hospital in over 3 years now (3 times I was in one before that...all at the age of 18), actually being able to hold a job, actually thinking I look fantastic in a long time, no longer putting myself down for my burns on my chest and scars on hips/arms/back, actually being able to do stuff never though be able to do (ex splits, shoulderstand, l stand, weightlifting, running, liking the outdoors...), actually paying for a trip for myself, accepting I'm a lesbian after so many years of denying it to myself and trying to force myself to be "straight" (, but now starting to come out to people), getting lot better at not kicking myself over the past (long road to accepting the past can't be changed no matter how much you try), accepting my parents won't change their ways no matter how much I like it to happen, actually having a bit of a plan now for the future, no longer panicking when a guy walks by me (had little bit of PTSD after getting out of a controlling relationship at the time), not giving up no matter how hard life is for me (though do have days of feeling sorry for myself), and be consider mentally stable enough to be able to attempt without meds (thanks to my doctor).

I like to make sure I stay a bad ass and continue on achieving more in my life. I really needed to hear from someone, who has seen my past self, that I'm not as weak as people  I think I am. I am a bad ass, who will destroy everything I set out to be. I will not take people's bullshit. And I will take control of my life.

So wrapping up now, that made me really happy today after one lousy week.

• Like 7

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

835c20560e221ca85b2fee965e415941.jpgb24b81e188cef944e8e9d18be2061843.jpg30eccb248d53b4e6bef025a849ce3c69.jpg

Lots of things ;)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Imagining my guardian angel walking beside me.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker