Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

1 hour ago, Guzzi said:

Ha! That's awesome!

I am smiling because it's a lovely day...

4d21f8881fedae487ef2159cf22ee982.jpg

....and I'm sitting outside enjoying an ice cream. What could be better? (Other than sitting outside enjoying a nice cold beer, obviously) :P

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Ha! That's awesome!

I am smiling because it's a lovely day...

....and I'm sitting outside enjoying an ice cream. What could be better? (Other than sitting outside enjoying a nice cold beer, obviously) [emoji14]

Hmm ice cream made from beer what a spectacular idea :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Would buy one just for the sheer over the top awesome that's in this.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I was looking through a friend's photos on Facebook today and came across some of me and my late husband, including some from our wedding! What a lovely surprise. :lol:

d0ebdec7606b5367ca3594e00dfc0183.jpg

At a friend's hand-fast ceremony

1f56d16e2a921f0793b84e3fec8200f4.jpg

Us with the best man and bridesmaid

51501a5f0bd4b010c34e025bee957c74.jpg

Probably the only time I ever got a dance out of him, lol!

11cc9e588f7a16ba78ce5a6c6fe479b8.jpg

Me and my short-arsed friend (she's in heels, I'm in flats) :D

012c79c6638fa032911595d3d66d6c56.jpg

And a girly night out (she doesn't look so short sitting down, huh?) :P

• Like 5

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

For those of you outside of Europe, there's this football thingy going on right now called Euro 2016 where country's national teams play against each other for a stupid-looking, big ass trophy. Not big news I'm sure. 

However, what has been big news over here is that Iceland (a country of only 320,000 people) not only qualified for the Euros, making this their first ever major tournament, but they went on to make it to the quarter finals, by beating giants England.  The entire team, who's players include a film director, is worth less than the transfer fee of a single English substitute player! :o 

Talk about David and Goliath!

Theres a good story about it Here for those who want to read it. But it's the Icelandic fans who have really stolen the show. They turned out en-mass to give their team a hero's welcome, flooding the streets of Reykjavik. Here's the video, it's awesome. 

• Like 6

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

http://fl.milesplit.com/meets/144598/coverage#.V32SjmkpDqA

This did, Bob Hans was my high school cross country coach, he played an absolutely massive role in why I am who I am today, was a huge personality in the running population, and he passed back in 2012, and he has a race named after him. That's a man that absolutely deserves to be immortalized with a race in his name. :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I did a 150 kg deadlift! In good form!

I'm working towards 'double my bodyweight' before the end of the year, because I think it's a more independent measure, but a round number always feels like a milestone (probably because that's what milestones are). Extra reason to smile: at 130 kgs my left hand was already losing grip, which usually isn't a good sign. But I persisted anyway and reversed my grip, which helped a lot. So just another 35 kgs to go (or less when I loose some weight). Yay!

I just had to share it :)

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

http://www.sonsofarthritis.com/shipping-policy/

They say they ship to most countries. Woot! :)

Guzzi "likes" this.