Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone! Developer Ji is ready to start Leveling Up!

Hi, everyone! I'm Ji. I have actually started working out before coming here, but sometimes it's hard to find motivation and support when you are a bit of an extreme introvert offline, so I hope you all can help me keep up with this path to better health. 

Background: I'm overweight and constantly sick. I suffer from gastritis, esophaghitis, and severe lactose intolerance and they have made me struggle with my weight. I've lost weight before when I concentrated on doing so completely when I didn't have work/school, but during work/school I would stress easy and it would cause me to vomit blood and feel weak because of my gastritis. Due to this, I've eaten another meal often to recover after vomitting, since it's usually my entire meal lost, so I'm not bulimic at all and would do anything for this condition to go away. I don't like sweets and I'm not in risk for diabetes and my main diet consisted of veggies, rice, bread, and seafood/other meats primarily. I don't drink soda or alcohol or overly sweet drinks. I love water, tea, and rarely I enjoy a cup of coffee with non dairy creamer and non-dairy milk like almond milk. I wasn't diagnosed though until this January, although due to lack of finances now, I'm unable to continue treatment. So in the meantime, while I've been job searching, I want to also exercise to lose weight, gain strength, and hopefully improve my body's ability to deal with these conditions. I at least know some of the foods to avoid and I completely cut out anything with lactose in it now and so far I haven't been as bad as I was before. I do plan to continue after I gain another job, but I'm going to take advantage of this time to get in the more hardcore workouts that I wouldn't have as much time for with a full time job. 

Workout SItuation: Actually started working out since January, but after I was laidoff from my job, I had stopped while dealing with all the stress after losing a job and trying to find another up until March 20th I decided to try again with taking care of my health at the same time because I would stress hard and find myself vomitting almost everyday. I heard that exercise is really good for lowering stress, on top of it's many other benefits, so I started a daily 30 minute Wii Fit U routine and slowly incorporated other exercises in since. At worst, I always did my 30 minutes, at best I could get multiple exercises including my daily routine. 

Career/Personal BG: Professionally I'm a software engineer, with a strong concentration on game development. My home hobbies include drawing, writing, reading, and playing games. I also used to be a violinist, so I've in a way have experienced many sides to game development aside from programming. I have a strong passion especially for both programming and drawing above all else and aspire to become very skilled at both. I also aspire to become a great mother to a beautiful child some day. 

Hope you all can accept me here. I'm new to fitness, although I have exercised and lost weight before, I've not actually done serious workouts except walking and playing ddr, and hope to learn a lot and stay motivated as I try to achieve weight loss, strength (muscles), and better health. 

Started at 235lbs in January 2014 and Goal is 150lbs in 2 yrs. Currently at 227lbs. 

Current Situation

weight.png

• Like 2

Ji's Adventure to Better Health

Please help me successfully improve my life. 

Started at 235lbs in January 2014. Goal is 150lbs after 2 years. 

Currently 214.5lbs  As of 5/17/2014

Welcome to the rebellion Ji! Can't wait to see your challenge and you kick ass!

I'm also an artist, video game junkie, and total book nerd. You can see some of my art in my gallery if your interested.

Hope you get better :) Along with working out, meditating is a really good stress reliever to. Though I do mine when I run :P

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion Ji! Can't wait to see your challenge and you kick ass!

I'm also an artist, video game junkie, and total book nerd. You can see some of my art in my gallery if your interested.

Hope you get better :) Along with working out, meditating is a really good stress reliever to. Though I do mine when I run :tongue:

Thanks. I'll try my best. :)

Awesome! :)

Hopefully so, but since I started daily work outs, I feel like my health is at least a little bit more controlled than it used to be, so I think it's already working. Plus I cut out a lot of the foods that is dangerous for my gastritis and it definitely makes me feel better. 

Ji's Adventure to Better Health

Please help me successfully improve my life. 

Started at 235lbs in January 2014. Goal is 150lbs after 2 years. 

Currently 214.5lbs  As of 5/17/2014