Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all! I've been reading this website/forum for quite some time and today, full of a cold, have decided to join up! I'm too ill to work out, so talking about working out will have to suffice.

I'm 28 year-old primary school teacher, female and from the UK. Until 3 years ago I did barely any physical activity and ate far too much chocolate. I had an undiagnosed (at the time) chest condition and asthma which I thought pretty much counted me out. However, after being diagnosed with high blood pressure, I decided to join the gym and start running. I never thought I could run because, when you start running, it's hard and I never tried to get through that. Within a year I'd dropped two stone and felt about a million times better. Six months later I ended up in hospital for a week and FINALLY got myself a chronic chest condition diagnosis. Doctor's advice? The fitness probably made it far less serious that it could have been and was probably one of the best things I could do to stay well in future.

Since then I've started cycling, lifting and attending yoga classes. Lifting is a totally unexpected love and has made me feel so much stronger and happy in myself. I still consider myself very much a beginner, but I enjoy it and that's all that matters to me. I also love the fact that a lot of people don't expect a 5'2" woman to be able to lift more than 10kg!

• Like 2

Welcome!

Book Nerd here, though I'm more of a classic book lover. The older the better. Though I have found newer ones that are well written, I'm just picky :P My favorite recently is Monster Hunters International by Larry Correia. So good!! I also love Brian Jaques (Taggerung is my fav), Terry Pratchett, Stephen Lawhead, Frank Perretti, Ted Dekker, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkein, and a whole lot of others.

Are you going to join the upcoming challenge?

If need any help or have any questions feel free to PM me.

Also a book nerd, my new favorite author is Brandon Sanderson, I'm also a HUGE fan of R.A. Salvatore.  also kudos on the Brian Jaques LostOne1775 He's another of my favorites. Welcome Welcome Welcome Autumnalmost!!!

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford

Hey!!!!! *fellow Brit waves frantically*

There's quite a big British presence on here, you can see who's near you by looking through the "Ok you Brits" thread in The Pub. Whereabouts in the UK are you?

I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you to check this out...

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46249-ferocious-fort-william-fall-festival-of-forceful-fitness-scottish-weekend-meet-up-3-5-october-2014/#entry972963 :P

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Another UK book nerd, mostly fantasy, steam punk and sci-fi.

Just love Simon R Greens the Night side books hence the name. Also like the Iron Druid books.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.