Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow Nerds!  I'm Eric, I'm 30yrs old (as of March 31).  I'm an Army Veteran in need of guidance and support!  I have been out of the service for 2yrs now..at the tail end of my service, I ballooned up due to knee injury from Iraq, and eventually knee surgery.  I have always been a stout guy 6' 200lbs+ guy, just after basic training when I was a clean 189ish.  Last July, I joined a gym and said I don't want to see myself 300lbs (was at 295).  My family history points to obesity, and health problems.  I am looking for guidance and help in accomplishing my goals, and to realize my true potential!! I'm currently at 273lbs, my goal is to be around 190 (but I know I need to make small goals first).  I suck at cooking, my cooking expertise revolves around fast food! I recently got back from a European Vacation for 3 weeks and the majority of cities I visited had a marathon going on..which I feel is a sign from God to get my feet moving!! I want to shred/loss fat!! I feel that me being overweight is a crutch for me in the dating department.  I welcome all your guidance fellow Nerd-Herders (Chuck reference) to helping me conquer my goals and to LEVEL UP ON FITNESS!!

• Like 1

Welcome Awesome Nerd dude!

And might I say, I LOVE CHUCK!!

Are you going to be in the upcoming challenge? If you have any questions or need help feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

I have yet gotten to that point in my Nerd educational process yet! Please enlighten me good sir! I'm still trying to get use to this website/community.  I just joined the rebellion today and will be getting the Mens Fitness 101 Master Plan next week (payday)..so im still in the feeling out process..

• Like 1

LOL never been called sir before :P

You can find all you need to know in the helpful links below the tabs. But in case you don't know what I'm talking about:

Challenge Instructions: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33328-challenge-instructions/

And How to Create Your Character (this is optional, but fun :) ): http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33333-real-life-role-playing-creating-your-character/

Monday is the upcoming challenge, my challenges are in my signature if you wanna see one in action. You can also head to the Level One challenge section to see how the newbs are doing it. Just be creative, have fun, and make realistic goals.

Don't be afraid to be open about what's bringing you down, even if it doesn't have anything to do with fitness. The main rules are, don't ridicule or bring others down, no name calling, being hurtful, if you disagree with something be mannerly about it. We're here to help other Nerds out, and although they might not seem like it online, some Nerds could be very fragile in real life. Just be a hero, online, and strive to be one in your life :)

• Like 1