Forums are back in action! ×

This is my first time on the first day of being here, and i'm excited to make some changes!

I'm 30 years old, and have slowly fallen out of shape since high school. I am just shy of 6'1 and approx. 270 lbs. My goal is to get to somewhere around 200. to do this I have to make a stronger committment to exercising, and overhaul a not-good-at-all diet. I tend to have a slow metabolism and have never really been sure of how to work around that.

Working out is something I've always have a love/hate relationship with. I love walking, and at one point I was walking about 12 miles a day. I don't manage very much in a jog though. I think i'd want to go in the direction of a ranger once I get to that point.

Any advice on a good starting point would be much appreciated, and i'm looking forward to getting to know yous guys :)

• Like 3

Welcome to NF!

I have a slow metabolism to, so I know how it is with eating. The best thing that worked for me was decreasing breads,rice, sugar, and all that bad stuff. And eating meats (mainly lighter ones like fish and chicken), and veggies. Also adding whatever I can to increase my metabolism like cayenne pepper, and cinnamon.

I love running, but it's not fun when there's no one to motivate you. That's why I got Zombies, Run app. You can take off the zombie chases if your not up there with running. All it does is add zombie alerts that are timed for HIIT during runs/walks. It's fun! You can even put your own personal playlist to play.

A good starting point would be Level 1 thread, so you can get how the challenges work. As far as diet and exercise, a 80/20 Paleo is good starting point. Exercise, the bodyweight workouts on NF blog are really good. It all comes down to what your goals are.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

• Like 1

Welcome to NF!

I have a slow metabolism to, so I know how it is with eating. The best thing that worked for me was decreasing breads,rice, sugar, and all that bad stuff. And eating meats (mainly lighter ones like fish and chicken), and veggies. Also adding whatever I can to increase my metabolism like cayenne pepper, and cinnamon.

I love running, but it's not fun when there's no one to motivate you. That's why I got Zombies, Run app. You can take off the zombie chases if your not up there with running. All it does is add zombie alerts that are timed for HIIT during runs/walks. It's fun! You can even put your own personal playlist to play.

A good starting point would be Level 1 thread, so you can get how the challenges work. As far as diet and exercise, a 80/20 Paleo is good starting point. Exercise, the bodyweight workouts on NF blog are really good. It all comes down to what your goals are.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Hey LostOne, one thing he forgot to mention is that he knows me IRL. He's my sister-n-law's boyfriend. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)