Forums are back in action! ×

I never drive faster than I can see and besides that, it's all in the reflexes.

Hey there, my name is Mike. I'm 28 years old and I'm from just outside Boston. I love comics, wrestling, punk/metal music, and gadgets, and I will defend the series finale of Lost until I'm dead and buried. I'm not new to fitness by any means, just new to the forums. 

Currently in training for this year's Spartan Sprint in Amesbury, MA as well as the Baystate Marathon in Lowell, with some other assorted 5k's and OCR events spread out throughout the year. I'm currently studying toward my NASM personal training certification and hope to complete this by end of August. 

Looking forward to being able to contribute to the community and to discussing progress and goals with like-minded nerds.

• Like 2

WOOOOOAAAAH! Welcome fellow metal head Nerd!

Good luck on the Sprint, if you need any info I ran a Super Spartan and have some experience on what to expect.

WOOOOOAAAAH! Welcome fellow metal head Nerd!

Good luck on the Sprint, if you need any info I ran a Super Spartan and have some experience on what to expect.

Thanks! This'll actually be my 4th year doing OCR events and Sprint seems to be my sweet-spot distance. Those trifecta medals do look mighty pretty, though. Next year!

I was aiming for a sub-48 minute time this year but the verbiage on the event page seems to indicate the course may be shorter this time around? Who knows. Just looking to conquer!