Forums are back in action! ×

The Downsides of Fitness

I spend way more time annoying my partner by making her check out my new muscles. "Look, I have definition!"

i get the reverse - people asking me to show them my definition. yesterday my friend msg'd me asking for a photo of my bicep to motivate her to go to the gym. im like dude i cant even do 10 pushups :|

• Like 1

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

To repeat what has been said about clothes:

• Pants- Finally finding jeans that comfortably fit my bum and thighs, only to have the waist be a few inches to big.
    • Being uneasy in any pants that I can't run, properly squat, or vault over a wall in.
  • Shirts- Having to buy my everyday shirts from the men's section because nothing fits my arms or shoulders. Once I've secured a garment that I can move in without feeling like I'll rip the pitiful thing apart, everything from my ribs down is very, very loose.
  • Shoes- I don't want to wear them. Since I transitioned to Merrell pace gloves and general barefoot activities, I have come to dread activities that require me to wear those brick-heavy stilts known as normal shoes.
  • Dress attire- I don't have any. 
  • Colors- I get most clothes from the men's section, so I am generally restricted to brown, grey, blue, and black everything

Food/drink:

• Family BBQ- The customary meal is a hotdog (the scary mystery-meat kind) or hamburger on a bun smothered in some form of cheese and other salt-based condiments, a large serving of baked beans out of a can, and a coke (which in this part of the US means any sugary, carbonated beverage). I generally end up with my bottle of water and any cheese-less chunk of recognizable meat accompanied by some lettuce scrounged from the refrigerator.
    • Explaining to my relatives that, no, I don't have an eating disorder. I simply don't have much to choose from and when I serve myself I only get half of what I want and then get a second helping if I'm still hungry.
  • Only drink water= need to use the restroom every hour.
  • Trying to decide how much junk food to allow myself during my monthly shark week.

Being torn between (watching [another episode of Doctor Who/Sherlock/Supernatural/etc.] / [LOTR and Hobbit/ Star Wars/Bourne/other Marathon]) and working out on the weekend.

• Force myself to take new exercises slowly so I can get strong without hurting myself.
    • Hurt myself because I'm impatient and go insane because I can't do the workouts I like (pushups, pullups, handstands, squats).
      • Hurting myself again because I convinced myself that it was alright to do 'just a few' of any exercise.
        • Finally heal. Repeat process.
  • Like 1

To repeat what has been said about clothes:

• Pants- Finally finding jeans that comfortably fit my bum and thighs, only to have the waist be a few inches to big.
    • Being uneasy in any pants that I can't run, properly squat, or vault over a wall in.
  • Shirts- Having to buy my everyday shirts from the men's section because nothing fits my arms or shoulders. Once I've secured a garment that I can move in without feeling like I'll rip the pitiful thing apart, everything from my ribs down is very, very loose.
  • Shoes- I don't want to wear them. Since I transitioned to Merrell pace gloves and general barefoot activities, I have come to dread activities that require me to wear those brick-heavy stilts known as normal shoes.
  • Dress attire- I don't have any. 
  • Colors- I get most clothes from the men's section, so I am generally restricted to brown, grey, blue, and black everything

Food/drink:

• Family BBQ- The customary meal is a hotdog (the scary mystery-meat kind) or hamburger on a bun smothered in some form of cheese and other salt-based condiments, a large serving of baked beans out of a can, and a coke (which in this part of the US means any sugary, carbonated beverage). I generally end up with my bottle of water and any cheese-less chunk of recognizable meat accompanied by some lettuce scrounged from the refrigerator.
    • Explaining to my relatives that, no, I don't have an eating disorder. I simply don't have much to choose from and when I serve myself I only get half of what I want and then get a second helping if I'm still hungry.
  • Only drink water= need to use the restroom every hour.
  • Trying to decide how much junk food to allow myself during my monthly shark week.

Being torn between (watching [another episode of Doctor Who/Sherlock/Supernatural/etc.] / [LOTR and Hobbit/ Star Wars/Bourne/other Marathon]) and working out on the weekend.

• Force myself to take new exercises slowly so I can get strong without hurting myself.
    • Hurt myself because I'm impatient and go insane because I can't do the workouts I like (pushups, pullups, handstands, squats).
      • Hurting myself again because I convinced myself that it was alright to do 'just a few' of any exercise.
        • Finally heal. Repeat process.

Well I can help little bit with tv one.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/workouts-that-allow-you-to-watch-an-ungodly-amount-of-tel

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Ha. I've only seen 5 of these shows. .

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

When I was working out regularly, my friends would complain about having to feed me every fifteen minutes because I was hungry all the time. I expect to start eating that sentiment again soon

• Like 1

Level 5 Monk (Broadsword Focus), Level 1 Assassin

Battle Log | Fitness Tumblr

Challenges: Currens | Octavus | Septimum | Sextum | Quintum | Quartum | TertiumSecundum | Primum

I started a home scholing class to get certified as a trainer, I figured it looked interesting not to expensive and alot of my 13 hour shift is basically waiting for something to happen anyway.

So I figure I'll do a read through front to cover first and I arrive at the chapter on nutrition. Now with my high cholesterol history I've done alot of reading up on nutrition lately so I have a fairly good idea of what is new and what is no longer valid. I think I shocked some of my colleges when I hissed at my book a few times, I hate having to learn outdated and sometimes even harmfull theorie to pass an exam >.<

One example, when speaking of cholesterol they exult on the virtues of poly-unsaturated fats. Yes they lower cholesterol, but they apparanetly haven't gotten the memo that they're also toxic to the body when consumed in higher quantities than naturally occur in our meats and veggies. (http://paleoleap.com/many-dangers-of-excess-pufa-consumption/) I'll add one article that explains it pretty well for anyone interested or looking to prove me wrong :D

Started to put on my favorite blazer and noticed that seam in the back shoulder is ripping. :neglected: I'm excited to finally have muscles-but why can't my clothes stretch to fit my muscles :redface-new:

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

• Like 2

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Since Sheldon knocks three times, three times.... does that make it 9 knocks? So 180 crunches each time he does it?

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Since Sheldon knocks three times, three times.... does that make it 9 knocks? So 180 crunches each time he does it?

I have no clue. Never really watched the show.

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

I was going to ask this, but since crunches are a terrible exercise, I'd be changing that part anyway.  

I think one of em has jumprope, I just picked one and deleted the rest.

I have no clue. Never really watched the show.

One of the few I don't miss...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Heard a lot about it. Came to the conclusion without ever watching an episode that I would find Sheldon the most irritating arse this side of a bad case of haemorrhoids.

My partner and I are still trying to figure out which of us is Frasier and which is Niles.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Heard a lot about it. Came to the conclusion without ever watching an episode that I would find Sheldon the most irritating arse this side of a bad case of haemorrhoids.

My partner and I are still trying to figure out which of us is Frasier and which is Niles.

You would think so, and he is to those on the show, but to those watching he's extremely entertaining. You're really doing yoruself a disservice by not catching an episode or three and giving it a shot. I ignored my aunt telling my to watch it for the 1st 2 1/2 seasons, but eventually torrented the 1st owhen I was on work travel one week. After the first episode, in took me 3 nights to completely catch up on the show.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

You would think so, and he is to those on the show, but to those watching he's extremely entertaining. You're really doing yoruself a disservice by not catching an episode or three and giving it a shot. I ignored my aunt telling my to watch it for the 1st 2 1/2 seasons, but eventually torrented the 1st owhen I was on work travel one week. After the first episode, in took me 3 nights to completely catch up on the show.

This.  Were you to actually live with him, you'd probably kill Sheldon inside of a month.  But watching the show from behind the 4th wall, it's actually quite comical.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

This.  Were you to actually live with him, you'd probably kill Sheldon inside of a month.  But watching the show from behind the 4th wall, it's actually quite comical.  

I wouldn't last anywhere near a month....

• Like 1

My first challenge

I wonder how they're going to address the death of Howard's mom?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/carol-ann-susi-dead-big-748433

He almost lost her once [when he told her he was marrying a schikza]; this time it's for real

Yea I heard about that.  Very sad, indeed.  As for the show, I'm not too worried though.  They've got some fantastic writers that'll come up with something.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Due to me drinking more water than I am used to I feel like I am always thirsty.  It doesn't help that the weather where I am is sooooo dry.  So I feel like I'm constantly drinking water which leads to always going to the bathroom.  Slightly annoying.

• Like 2

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans