Forums are back in action! ×

The Downsides of Fitness

Starting have more workout clothes than regular clothes.

I never owe so much sneakers before. And already looking at another to add to the collection. Curse you Vibram Fivefingers. You look so ugly, yet would be perfect for my workout. 

Also, never been so picky about sneakers before getting really into fitness.

After workout so much, now wanting to change other parts of your life...And having people stand in your way.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Curse you Vibram Fivefingers. You look so ugly, yet would be perfect for my workout.

They are so totally worth it though!  Really durable too.  I've worn mine for every workout since I got them, plus a Tough Mudder and other mud runs.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I wish I could wear Vibrams, but my monkey toes don't fit right.  They're incredibly comfortable for the first half-hour, then things start getting crushed and bruised.  Though I did have a guy tell me, "the best ad I've seen for bare-foot running was when you passed me on that run."

Back on topic:

Trying to find the right shoes for my odd-shaped feet, now that I understand how they're supposed to fit.  Especially now that the bare-foot craze is winding down.

Trying to explain how I almost got heat-stroke during a workout because the unexpectedly cold weather made it easier to push myself.

• Like 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

It would be interesting to see where the Vibram wearers fall in overall race results? FOP, MOP, BOP or scattered pretty evenly, as much as people who wear any other brand might be

As a prominent American marathoner [who runs in asics] once said: "Until some barefoot dude comes by me at 26 miles ... then, maybe I'll look into it"

I'm no marathoner, but I'd guess there's more to it than only the shoe someone wears (or doesn't, as it were).  I can say that, personally, I prefer them over regular shoes.  Even for normal everyday wear.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

My hip flexors get painfully tight when I have to sit in hours of meetings. Why can't I just have normal, weak sauce hips like any other office worker and be blissfully ignorant of how I'm supposed to be able to move?

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I am getting more attention from the ladies. I do not know how to handle it, so I derp instead. Not to say that I wasn't derping before. Derp derp derp.

Omg I get it from guys now. Yeah I don't know how to let them know I'm a lesbian. fml

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Ripped yet another pair of jeans from thigh to knee and had to wear it in public for a while. Now people see how sexily pale and hairless my right thigh is. How great and manly...

• Like 1

Ripped yet another pair of jeans from thigh to knee and had to wear it in public for a while. Now people see how sexily pale and hairless my right thigh is. How great and manly...

Don't worry.  All I have on my calves/shins is deadlifting scars.  No hair.

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Seriously... really have to shave my legs now, or you can see all of the semi-scarred  spots on my shins from box jumps and dead lifts. There's no hair there any more. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Seriously... really have to shave my legs now, or you can see all of the semi-scarred  spots on my shins from box jumps and dead lifts. There's no hair there any more. 

Woah, dedication!

I have so many scars and bruises allover. I look like someone abused me

If someone asks you, just say "you should see the other side," and smile at them with dead eyes. I find it generally effective.

• Like 1

I have unusually and very disproportionately large upper arms and batwings (thank you genetics!) that I always hide. They are very strong though, thanks to years of competitive swimming and canoeing. And now my arms are getting stronger and larger from muscle mass. And a lot of people comment on big muscular arms being totally unfeminine and unattractive for girls. I don't usually care since fitness is more important to me than aesthetics, but sometimes it really does get to me.

• Like 2

Level 1 Respawned Rebel

Current Challenge 1: Quarkle has to clean up (19th March - 15th April 2018)

"Trouble? I call it sport"

I have unusually and very disproportionately large upper arms and batwings (thank you genetics!) that I always hide. They are very strong though, thanks to years of competitive swimming and canoeing. And now my arms are getting stronger and larger from muscle mass. And a lot of people comment on big muscular arms being totally unfeminine and unattractive for girls. I don't usually care since fitness is more important to me than aesthetics, but sometimes it really does get to me.

From a guy just getting into fitness and lifting heavy things (~2 years), don't let it get to you.  I'd rather find a girl who lifts and has bigger arms than one who can barely pick up a milk jug.  

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Why, I think strong girls are very attractive. We can play sports together and nobody would tell me I am having an advantage (me being a man the size of an average American woman). Bonus if she can carry my tiny weight :P  

I do think it is also practical if it's very strong. Which persons with average arm size are gonna pull young children out of a burning car?

• Like 3

And a lot of people comment on big muscular arms being totally unfeminine and unattractive for girls. I don't usually care since fitness is more important to me than aesthetics, but sometimes it really does get to me.

as a tall, broad, muscular woman, this is my life.

• Like 3

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

The worst thing for me is when I push myself at the gym and then my job decides to imitate my workout. Like having to load boxes of paper after I killed my arms in the morning or repeatedly crawling under desks to set up computers after doing bod weight squats on my break.

Also learning to cook with some level of variety has been challenging but I do feel better eating home cooking. Last time that I dropp the ball on my diet, I got a Big Mac and I swear I could feel it in my pores. Which in a sick way made me happy that I was realizing it now, although disgusted also can describe it.

• Like 2

Ah yes, I can relate. My stomach is pretty much made of solid steel, but when I indulge on junkfood the rest of my intestines start to rumble or maybe I should say grumble. Never used to happen, but it seems now that I'm generally eating healthy my body rebels against junkfood.

On the upside, after kicking my monster energy habit (and eliminating 80% of my carb and sugar intake) I don't crave carbs anymore. My body is perfectly happy with just protein and fat, my only concession is an orange a day :D

• Like 2

The worst thing for me is when I push myself at the gym and then my job decides to imitate my workout. Like having to load boxes of paper after I killed my arms in the morning or repeatedly crawling under desks to set up computers after doing bod weight squats on my break.

Also learning to cook with some level of variety has been challenging but I do feel better eating home cooking. Last time that I dropp the ball on my diet, I got a Big Mac and I swear I could feel it in my pores. Which in a sick way made me happy that I was realizing it now, although disgusted also can describe it.

Ah yes, I can relate. My stomach is pretty much made of solid steel, but when I indulge on junkfood the rest of my intestines start to rumble or maybe I should say grumble. Never used to happen, but it seems now that I'm generally eating healthy my body rebels against junkfood.

On the upside, after kicking my monster energy habit (and eliminating 80% of my carb and sugar intake) I don't crave carbs anymore. My body is perfectly happy with just protein and fat, my only concession is an orange a day :D

I've noticed this myself as well.  I love my XS Energy for that very reason.  It doesn't mess up my stomach like soda used to.  I do still very occasionally have a cookie or something, but I can definitely feel it more than before.  It's actually pretty amazing to me.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™