Forums are back in action! ×

Started riding again

I've loved horses since I was a little kid. I thought they were beautiful, elegant, powerful. When I was in highschool, I finally got to take riding lessons at a local stable. I can't remember why I stopped, probably just life happened. I moved out, got married, and pretty much gave up everything that made me happy in life. About 5.5 years ago I got divorced, but haven't really made much progress on doing more things that make me really happy. I was complaining to my only friend about something and he told me I wasn't happy, that I needed to do something that makes me happy and I blurted out "I want to horseback ride again". I've missed it so much. I find myself daydreaming about it, the smell, the feeling of a rolling canter. Plus it's a great workout. So 4 weeks ago, I started lessons again at the same stable I was at in highschool. I love it, especially after a crappy day at work, I love getting to ride a horse, and I love that when I'm done I'm so exhausted I'm walking funny, covered in sweat and so out of breath I can't talk.

• Like 3

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald