Forums are back in action! ×

What song can you absolutely NOT STAND TO HEAR?

I'm not sure which of us will earn an archnemesis first for those two posts..

Part of me want to accept your challenge, but I'm afraid the world will be on fire by the end

Screw it. I want to watch world burn mahahahaha

• Like 2

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Any song where they intentionally mispronounce words because the writer is too lazy to come up with actual rhymes makes me grind my teeth with rage.

• Like 2

Part of me want to accept your challenge, but I'm afraid the world will be on fire by the end

Screw it. I want to watch world burn mahahahaha

Downloaded. I will play this in class for uncooperative students...

(I was told to stop blasting them with 20khz sine waves :()

• Like 2

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Can we just all agree that most wedding receptions are an exercise in suffering through music that keeps being played because they're "crowd pleasers?" Whoever this crowd is, I'd like to have a word with them and why they keep dancing to songs that need to go back to the dark, dank hole from whence they came.

This is exactly why I'm two seconds away from banishing the possibility of a full-on wedding when (if) I get married -- I just can't bear the thought of a wedding DJ playing the electric slide, or the cha cha slide, or any of those horrendous aural assaults they insist on calling songs.

• Like 1

Lips of an Angel by Hinder

Pisses me off something fierce, since it first came out, even before I found out I was one of 3 girlfriends for over 2 years. -_-

Yeah, it's a bad message. Glorifies cheaters. However, have you seen the video? It is [unintentionally] hilarious. The emo guy was making these weird facial expressions and was just spazzing out during the chorus. Definitely worth it.

Can we just all agree that most wedding receptions are an exercise in suffering through music that keeps being played because they're "crowd pleasers?" Whoever this crowd is, I'd like to have a word with them and why they keep dancing to songs that need to go back to the dark, dank hole from whence they came.

This is exactly why I'm two seconds away from banishing the possibility of a full-on wedding when (if) I get married -- I just can't bear the thought of a wedding DJ playing the electric slide, or the cha cha slide, or any of those horrendous aural assaults they insist on calling songs.

The Chicken Dance?

I found it. Finally.

My ex use to drive me nuts with this song.

Part of me wants to find this guy and send him to the North Pole. Polar bears can then snack on him. Just so he never makes anything worst than this.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Can we just all agree that most wedding receptions are an exercise in suffering through music that keeps being played because they're "crowd pleasers?" 

at my friends wedding last year they made a playlist on their ipad and plugged it into the sound system. made for a great mix of dancier pop songs that everyone could get into, as well as giving a couple highschool throwbacks and personal favourites into the night. 

that said, you can take "brown eyed girl" off the crowd pleaser mix when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

I found it. Finally.

My ex use to drive me nuts with this song.

Part of me wants to find this guy and send him to the North Pole. Polar bears can then snack on him. Just so he never makes anything worst than this.

This might be one of the most annoying things I have ever heard.

Two and a half more weeks until Christmas. I had my fill of Christmas songs last week. Someone kill me.

It's bad when I walk into Lowe's to buy some rebar, I hear "Let it Go" and think... "Oh man they got some good Christmas music now"

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

That old song by Cisco (however you spell the artist) "The Thong Song".  *Shudders* It's just so...so gross.

I also despise the "Chicken Dance" song as well.

A recent song came out called "Blurred Lines".  Can't say I was a fan of that either :grumpy:

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

One word Macarena.

I want to know who the idiot thought this was perfect for any dance or Wedding reception. The song is about her cheating on her boyfriend (think he went oversea or something...been a while) with bunch of different guys. Totally great song with that special wedding of yours. And it's just annoying as hell.

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

There are several for me but one of the big ones lately is that song where the guy asks his girlfriend's dad for her hand in marriage and he says no, then the singer goes on the whine about how he's rude and bla bla bla.  What a wussy, self absorbed song.

Haha, yeah. I hear "I'm gonna marry her anyway" and think "And I'm gonna beat you to death" (dad mode).

That song is soooooo annoying!

Also, Blurred Lines is really bad.

Do y'all despise songs because they are annoying, they're written about stupid stuff, or because they get stuck in your head on an epic loop? For me, Blurred Lines gets soooo stuck in my head and it's really annoying because I find that song so offensive. Grrr!!

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

That song is soooooo annoying!

Also, Blurred Lines is really bad.

Do y'all despise songs because they are annoying, they're written about stupid stuff, or because they get stuck in your head on an epic loop? For me, Blurred Lines gets soooo stuck in my head and it's really annoying because I find that song so offensive. Grrr!!

Annoying and stupid stuff... "Rude" could be a good song, but the whining about how the dad is rude just ruins it, if they would have done something along the lines of "I respect that and I'll go out and improve myself, to make myself worthy" then I'd probably like it... and Blurred lines is just all around annoying.

I have more than once said "The words ruin this song"... Some Nights, by Fun is one of those songs. The tribal music is awesome, but the words just... no.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Yep, it's about the lyrics for me. I'll start yammering about how dumb I think lyrics are and ask my husband "what do you think?" and he'll say "I just listen to the music." Lol. It's like with movies, TV shows, or books. A lot of times I can suspend disbelief or ignore parts that I think are screwy but at a certain point I reach a limit and then they drive me nuts.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Yep, it's about the lyrics for me. I'll start yammering about how dumb I think lyrics are and ask my husband "what do you think?" and he'll say "I just listen to the music." Lol. It's like with movies, TV shows, or books. A lot of times I can suspend disbelief or ignore parts that I think are screwy but at a certain point I reach a limit and then they drive me nuts.

hahaha... Sounds like movies for me, what's going on in the movie has to make sense to me, otherwise I can't watch it.

Crouching tiger, Hidden Dragon?? Yeah what's the explanation for "flight" (can't watch it)

Superman... it has one. (Can watch it)

My first challenge

Annoying and stupid stuff... "Rude" could be a good song, but the whining about how the dad is rude just ruins it, if they would have done something along the lines of "I respect that and I'll go out and improve myself, to make myself worthy" then I'd probably like it... and Blurred lines is just all around annoying.

I have more than once said "The words ruin this song"... Some Nights, by Fun is one of those songs. The tribal music is awesome, but the words just... no.

I remember Fun did another song "We are Young" that had some questionable lyrics in it.

My seat’s been taken by some sunglasses asking 'bout a scar, and

I know I gave it to you months ago

I know you’re trying to forget

But between the drinks and subtle things

The holes in my apologies, you know

I’m trying hard to take it back

What did this asshole do to give his girlfriend a scar? And why is she trying to forget out it? Is he abusing her? Was he high or drunk at the time when it happened?

I want to seriously know now.

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

I could never figure out who he was talking to in that song because his friends were in the bathroom getting high and his lover was across the bar. Is there a girlfriend and a lover? Is he talking to a friend who he gave a black eye? Who is "you"?

And this is the point where my husband would say that he just listens to the music.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Ugh...I LOATHE that song. My husband likes Fun though, so it plays in the car occasionally, so I skip it. :D

My downfall with that song, while annoying, is I can never sing it, I always always ALWAYS revert to "We are young... heartache to heartache... "

• Like 3

My first challenge

I could love a song, absolutely love it...until I read the lyrics and then my love for it turns into a hot deep hatred that burns into the darkest pits of my anguished heart.  And from then on, I will rage, and rage, and RAGE about this stupid song that everyone else seems to like cause it's 'CATCHY'. 

It's kinda like how when I invest time into a show and movie. I enjoy this movie/show.  It's fun and keeps me engaged...until one scene absolutely destroys it and all of sudden, instead of having fun, I find myself HATING wasting time on this stupid pointless show.  Then I rage quit and feel tempted to destroy my TV because it was tainted.  I think I threw away some DVDs of an anime once because the ending pissed me off and couldn't fathom keeping it anymore. 

I may have anger issues :playful:

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans