Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

OMG guys I laughed so hard at my docs appointment this morning...

anyway... I have had this divit on my belly that is kinda worriesome (mom has had a bajillion hernia operations and I figured better safe than sorry.... )

SO... she said it's not a hernia... it's just where my adipose is shrinking... and since I have issues with my connective tissues (see long rant about my genetic stuff a while ago)

GUYS... my baby adipose spot!!!

she didn't get it! but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it

20150309_103142.jpg

I wonder how big the spot will get as I get smaller... it keeps getting bigger (it disapears when I lay down an dit's not particularly painful os she's not worried about it)

also... the fact that they are documenting that I have issues with this means that when I get to goal my insurance will probably pay for a tummy tuck to get rid of excess skin!!! so excite

• Like 8

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Most insurances will cover the cost of a tummy tuck once the pouch(flap of skin) gets to the point of where it can become a medical problem; sores underneath it also mental health issues, some even cover loose skin around the arms for the same reason, we aren't talking about little loose skin around the arms but full on batwings (not making fun of anyone just trying to point out that there has to be a lot of extra skin)

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Have been looking into full body lift $20 000 here in OZ to get done. $10 000 will get you a tummy tuck. These things are considered cosmetic unless you do the full lap band or gastric sleeve, excess skin thing together.

Our Medicare may cover some of the cost but the check box list is so long and they have flaming hoops you need to do a triple somersault through!

Wait! What............?

Most insurances will cover the cost of a tummy tuck once the pouch(flap of skin) gets to the point of where it can become a medical problem; sores underneath it also mental health issues, some even cover loose skin around the arms for the same reason, we aren't talking about little loose skin around the arms but full on batwings (not making fun of anyone just trying to point out that there has to be a lot of extra skin)

I frequently get panniculitis in my underbelly... they are being tracked and followed... I mention it every time I go in and they chart it so it can be seen as something that I have dealt with for a long time... and with my genetic issues I am more prone to it anyway... so it's something that WILL be covered if the documentation is good enough :) (I just say probably because it's always possible that they decide not to cover it)

• Like 2

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Most people don't really need it though. There are a lot of factors that go into skin shrinking (and a lot of awful advice; lose slow and creams, lol). There are very, very few pictures of genuine loose skin out there (it looks like vacuum sealed stuff, with the tags and ripples).

I think the show "extreme weight loss" has done a huge disservice in this area, as it makes skin removal surgery, both way too quickly and at too high of a bf%, a goal, without any focus on the downsides. I've come to think of that show as a blatant advertisement for the plastic surgery industry. It has become a basic assumption that surgery is needed by many, and far too many people use loose skin as an excuse to not even try.

Truth is, until you get into the "can see abs somewhat without flexing" zone, you have no idea if you have loose skin or not (true loose skin does NOT obscure abs).

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!  I THINK THIS BELONGS HERE:

Went shopping with my mom this weekend, and was having a hard time picking out clothes to try on that would even "fit."  Mom hands me a pretty flowered button down, and I laughed at her.  Had she even looked at the tag?  It was a size SIX.  I wear a TWELVE.  AT LEAST.  She responded with, "Do you have any idea how much weight you've lost?"  Yes.  Almost 30 pounds, but I didn't LOOK any different to myself.  I tried on the shirt to make her happy, and totally bought it.  I am wearing it right now.  As I type this.  And it looks fantastic.  I still don't really see a difference, but apparently other people do, so I'll take it!

• Like 14

Most people don't really need it though. There are a lot of factors that go into skin shrinking (and a lot of awful advice; lose slow and creams, lol). There are very, very few pictures of genuine loose skin out there (it looks like vacuum sealed stuff, with the tags and ripples).

I think the show "extreme weight loss" has done a huge disservice in this area, as it makes skin removal surgery, both way too quickly and at too high of a bf%, a goal, without any focus on the downsides. I've come to think of that show as a blatant advertisement for the plastic surgery industry. It has become a basic assumption that surgery is needed by many, and far too many people use loose skin as an excuse to not even try.

Truth is, until you get into the "can see abs somewhat without flexing" zone, you have no idea if you have loose skin or not (true loose skin does NOT obscure abs).

I am no where near considering it (not until I lose at least another 80ish# or like you said "visible abs").... just documenting the panniculitis if it DOESN'T shrink the way I want it too.... 

Went shopping with my mom this weekend, and was having a hard time picking out clothes to try on that would even "fit."  Mom hands me a pretty flowered button down, and I laughed at her.  Had she even looked at the tag?  It was a size SIX.  I wear a TWELVE.  AT LEAST.  She responded with, "Do you have any idea how much weight you've lost?"  Yes.  Almost 30 pounds, but I didn't LOOK any different to myself.  I tried on the shirt to make her happy, and totally bought it.  I am wearing it right now.  As I type this.  And it looks fantastic.  I still don't really see a difference, but apparently other people do, so I'll take it!

AWESOME!

• Like 1

Spoiler

That's what happened to me while shopping this weekend. Turns out not as big as I think I am

• Like 2

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Ok, so I did measurements on Saturday, and the numbers had me feeling rather gross. Not surprised there. But I took progress pics yesterday after my workout and.... I can see improvement. Not as much as I would like but yeah, it's there. It's definitely there. So I just have to keep trucking.

Also, down another pound. I'm creeping my way back under 200 in the next couple of weeks at this rate.

• Like 6

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Ok, so I did measurements on Saturday, and the numbers had me feeling rather gross. Not surprised there. But I took progress pics yesterday after my workout and.... I can see improvement. Not as much as I would like but yeah, it's there. It's definitely there. So I just have to keep trucking.

Also, down another pound. I'm creeping my way back under 200 in the next couple of weeks at this rate.

I'm pretty sure that no one ever sees as much progress as they'd like.

• Like 1

Sometimes you can measure the progress before you feel it or see it.

Sometimes you can feel the progress before you can see it or measure it.

Sometimes you can see the progress before you measure it or feel it.

Whatever order it comes in, progress is something to be proud of so good work!

(BTW, did you end up measuring at night or in the morning? I find that measuring in the morning is handy because I can keep the conditions a bit more consistent. By that, I mean that I get out of bed, go to the bathroom, and then measure before drinking or eating or doing any other activity. If I wait until I have taken in any food/drink, my measurements could be a bit less consistent depending on what it was that I ate/drank.)

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I'm pretty sure that no one ever sees as much progress as they'd like.

That's a defeatist attitude.

I'm damn proud of the progress I've made, and feel it is exactly what I deserve based on my efforts. 

progress isn't always directly linked to efforts... I work my ass off and I have been stuck on a plateau for a year... turns out I have some hormones out of whack... 

• Like 1

Spoiler

That's a defeatist attitude.

I'm damn proud of the progress I've made, and feel it is exactly what I deserve based on my efforts. 

Keep on Truckin Trewest, We're all going to make it, brah. 

Not really it's just a fact, no matter how much progress someone makes it's never the amount they'd like. That doesn't mean we can't be proud of the progress we do make or work hard towards more progress. As a matter of fact anyone that goes "yup this is good enough" will stop working hard :D

Sometimes you can measure the progress before you feel it or see it.

Sometimes you can feel the progress before you can see it or measure it.

Sometimes you can see the progress before you measure it or feel it.

Whatever order it comes in, progress is something to be proud of so good work!

(BTW, did you end up measuring at night or in the morning? I find that measuring in the morning is handy because I can keep the conditions a bit more consistent. By that, I mean that I get out of bed, go to the bathroom, and then measure before drinking or eating or doing any other activity. If I wait until I have taken in any food/drink, my measurements could be a bit less consistent depending on what it was that I ate/drank.)

I'm normally in the boat of 'I can feel the progress but not see it or measure it'. It's definitely a change for me to be able to see it, feel it AND measure it.

And no, I didn't measure in a way that's consistent. I measured on Saturday around noon-ish, after I'd eaten so... yeah there's that. I'll aim for a more consistent time frame for the next measurements.

Not really it's just a fact, no matter how much progress someone makes it's never the amount they'd like. That doesn't mean we can't be proud of the progress we do make or work hard towards more progress. As a matter of fact anyone that goes "yup this is good enough" will stop working hard :D

I will admit to being one of those that wants my efforts to SHOW. I work hard, I eat properly, I take care of myself and I want my body to reveal that. I'm not so bad as to be one of those 'I ate a salad, am I skinny now?' people, but I am pretty bad none-the-less. I didn't get into this shape over night, it'll take more than a few days to get out of it.

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Can I just say....there is sooooo much hotness in this thread. There are several of you that I think look absolutely fantastic just the way you are, but you sren't satisfied, and that's okay...just know that just bc you dont like your body the way it is, that doesnt mean there isnt someone who does.

• Like 7

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Can I just echo what Bekha said. And remember, you are worth so much more than the number on the scale or your waist measurement, you are not defined by your appearance. Being healthy is a really important goal, but always remember to value the person inside more than the shell on the outside.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with wanting to improve your body, either for fitness or for aesthetic reasons. Or being proud of your accomplishments. :love_heart:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Can I just echo what Bekha said. And remember, you are worth so much more than the number on the scale or your waist measurement, you are not defined by your appearance. Being healthy is a really important goal, but always remember to value the person inside more than the shell on the outside.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with wanting to improve your body, either for fitness or for aesthetic reasons. Or being proud of your accomplishments. :love_heart:

Number says 210... So I'm worth AT LEAST 9.95... but wait, if you order now I'll throw another one in free, you just pay shipping and handling...

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Dude, you lie.

There isn't two of you. You're one of a kind. ;)

Good lord... send my heart all aflutter why don't you. /swoon

I was gonna make a smartass remark... but no, I'll just bask in the sunshine...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

24f73088c08f08c1f60fdf29be7f906b.jpg

463779be4c6f5626e848629630cb9373.jpg

45d707d381382e44d23b50f85b45be5b.jpg

Wasn't sure where to post these, so thought I'd just leave them here. They definitely have relevance to body image anyway.

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously