Forums are back in action! ×

Its been 3 years since I've had a date, time to change

Hey, I've been doing NF for 2 months now through the NF academy, and I am just getting started here on the forums. I'm both really excited and really nervous. I guess for a back story (I feel like I'm making a page for an RP server, but its about me) I am a 22 year old who live in Columbia, MO. It has been easy to make excuses because I am both a full time worker (70 hours a week) and a full time college student, yes I am that busy. On top of that I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, I will have seven years sober in April, so a lot of my time is dedicated to AA meetings and my recovery. I have been steadily gaining weight for the past few years, and honestly I would like to get in better shape for a few reasons: I want to be able to keep up with the teenagers I work with, get a date, feel better about myself, and not die in eight years. I would describe my body type as a dwarf for a few reasons: I am around the average height for a man, but I am really stocky-my shoulders are uncomfortably large, I have a huge red beard, and I put on weight muscle of fat) really easy. I have been focusing on assassin training-doing handstands and the such. You can check out my active 6-week challenge, I would love to here your thoughts. I am just excited to be apart of a community, and I hope I can get better for me and then serve others. As a sober alcoholic and a drug counselor my life mission is to help people, so I can't wait to be in a spot to teach recruits what I have learned and encourage them! 

-Derek

• Like 2

Challenges:

R: Winter is Here

20|19|18|17|16|15|14|13|R|12|11|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” -John Galt