Forums are back in action! ×

Ok. So.  This is my first time doing nerd fitness and forums in general. I'm not quite sure where to start so i'll jump right into it. I've been lurking nerd fitness for a few weeks now and i'm really impressed with what Steve has put together. Here's some quick stats from right before I started making fitness a priority

Body Stats: 

- 440 Lbs

- 6 foot 6 inches

- 19 Years Old 

My Big Why is that I've had some significant life events that have really shaken me up in the last few months and I feel like I've hit rock bottom. I've been obese almost my entire life and the new direction that I've decided on for my life is dependent on having a body that I can be confident in. I'd like to not wince when i look at myself in the mirror before I shower. My overall health is also a HUGE concern. My father has been diabetic for 10 years and was also recently diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, and while I know there are no conclusive results for ways to prevent the onset of the disease, I feel like being fit definitely has to have some advantages. 

Goals are important for fitness and I know I need to set some realistic ones if i want to make any progress, but i'm not quite sure where to start. My long term general goal is to get down my weight until I hit under 12% body fat and have pronounced muscles. But I have a long way to go and I'll need all the help I can get.  my immediate goal is to lose 100 lbs since I know i have to lose my fat before I can focus on gaining muscle mass. I've taken some before pictures that i don't think will see the light of day until I reach my goal. I'm weighing myself every Wednesday so that's probably when I'll do my updates.

​I've made a little bit of progress since I've started in February I've lost 20 pounds. I started by going for walk around my block late every night. approximately 1.5 miles. but recently I've been alternating daily between Steve's Beginner Body weight Workout (can only do one circuit :tongue:) and some Interval Training around the same block. 

I've made significant changes to my diet as well, I've gone from drive thru meals and pizza almost every day to 90% Paleo (Vanilla Almond Milk for my coffee as well as some occasional cheese) I've been consistently eating approximately 2000 calories a day. 

That pretty much sums up my situation so now i look to you guys on the forums for advice or examples. I've gathered that I needed to make this introduction but i'm not quite sure where to go from here. I'd love to check out guilds and get to know some of the amazing people in these forums. I'm also interested in checking out the chat room. Thanks for reading and if you have anything to say, let me know! Any bit of feedback helps. 

• Like 1

"Talga Vassternich. Deserve Victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule

Captain Drop's Introduction

Captain Drop's Battle Log

There is currently a 6 week challenge. I don't think it's too late to join in. Go to Recruit and read the introduction. You don't have to join a guil now. Take your time to gind out, what you enjoy doing.

For the challenge you need to create some SMART goals. Sustainable, Mesurable, Achievable, ...

Let's say your goal is to lose weight. On a healthy diet you can lose 2 or three pounds a week. (I asumed you are male. Females seem to have it harder. If you wrote about being a big guy, than please don't mind. I didn't have my first black tea yet.) so your goal would be to lose another 8 pounds in the next few weeks.

For this goal you have to find three quests, that help you achieve this goal. For example sticking to your diet.

I think that's the important stuff about the challenges.

Welcome! I'm new here, too. That are some impressive achievements you have made so far. Good luck with your goals. :)

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Welcome to nerdfitness! I'm still pretty new myself, but I think you will enjoy your time here. I find it really motivating to take a look at other members' progress in their threads, and I try to remember to post in my own about what I'm up to.

You've got an awesome start on your new lifestyle. Keep it up! 😆

• Like 1

Base Character: Elantrian

Class/ Profession: Druid

Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log Whole30