Forums are back in action! ×

R.D. Nottingham and the Introduction

Greetings All!! My name is Chris and I'm so extremely happy to be joining up with Nerd Fitness. I heard about NF about a month ago and ended up posting for the first challenge but just finally getting to an official introduction.

A little about me:

I'm a 38 year old male living in the Midwest (northern Indiana) but originally born and raised in the suburban Detroit area. I'm I'm just shy of 6 feet (5'11 and 1/2; 1.8m) and currently 328 pounds (148.8 k).

My nerdiness knows few boundaries. A personal motto is "I'll try anything once, twice if I like it." Some of my major fandoms include Star Trek AND Star Wars, Doctor Who (both classic and current), Chuck, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, along many others. I love movies of many types, from sci-fi to comedy, and music, anything from pop & rock to jazz and music used in movies. Gamer of many flavors (video, board, card, RPG) and my brain doubles as a Vault of Useless Information.

My goals for joining up here is to help in my efforts to better myself, mentally, physically, and spiritually. I've grown and adjusted into my current weight for almost 20 years but I know that, while I'm a good person, I can be an even better version of myself through effort and learning. Much of my family is very well-lived and I have a small worry that if I don't become healthier, I may not live as long as I'm supposed to. Plus, I'd also like to do things that might weight current hinder me from doing, like skydiving and running a half marathon.

I have already seen and experienced so much support and help here and I knew that I'm in the right place! I have tried some weight loss programs previously but here, I feel like I'm part of a community of people that really are just like me. I couldn't be happier that I'm here.

So, in a nutshell, that's me. Anything else, just strike up a conversation here or anywhere. I enjoy to talk, bounce ideas off of, listen, or just discuss things.

• Like 1

Trying out a lot of things is a good thing. I like your spirit. :)

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!